• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging or power loss

2006 Summit X. When I powder turn to the left in deep snow the engine bogs or looses power. I thought it might be the intake vent getting plugged but I made sure that wasn't happening last year. When I do a powder turn to the right I don't have the same problem. Could this be something like float level in the carbs.

Another minor problem is the fuel pick up in the tank. when there's about a gallon and a half left the sled may stop running when going up hill slightly or down hill slightly as the fuel pick up cannot get to the back of the tank where the fuel is when going up hill or to the front of the tank where it is when going down will. If I run out of fuel either way I add my reserve and I'm o.k. That's great but Having a couple gallons in the tank still and the sled not able to utilize it is my concern.

Any good ideas on these two issues would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's called powder bog,when you bury the exhaust it chokes the motor.Cat's used to be bad for it ,as was the Mountain SRX.

Exhaust outlet is on the right and it doesn't loose power when turning to the right. It looses power when turning to the left where there is no exhaust outlet. Thanks for trying.

How did you make sure the air intake wasn't getting plugged on the left hand turn? I rode an 05 that would do the same thing and the cure was to put a fine mesh vent sreen over it.

Premium Features

Back