• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Board inserts M series

B

bradburck

I know this has been beaten to death.. but.. what are you running, would you do it again and how does it work? Thanks!

Right now looking at Madscientist inserts.. thoughts?

Brad

Fastlane & throttle up are the best for clearing snow, cutler is the strongest for the older M's (without the ribbing on the tunnel) and the WRP boards are close for the newer M's, and seems like the skinz are best of both worlds, but good luck getting them if you waited this long to order them.

If I were to do it again, I'd go skinz.

Can't justify the 500$ for the skinz I don't think.. rather spend money in other ways.....

I'm leaning towards the throttle up cause they go all the way back. Thanks for the imput fellas!!

Caleb, hope to see ya at the show this year.. we'll all be there Sat. AM into the afternoon.

Brad

I put a set of Throttle Up on my 2011 last year. It was an easy install and they worked great.

Can't justify the 500$ for the skinz I don't think.. rather spend money in other ways.....

I'm leaning towards the throttle up cause they go all the way back. Thanks for the imput fellas!!

Caleb, hope to see ya at the show this year.. we'll all be there Sat. AM into the afternoon.

Brad

But the Throttle up do not go all the way back! You are mistaken.

To the OP,
I am biased, but for the the M's my EZ Boards cannot be beat.
They fit to the boards like a stock part. They run from side to side and end to end. All the other alternatives do not. Not even close.
They are thin enough that the board edge grip is not diminished like the others. NO need to add more plastic on your edges.

Plus, the EZ's do not require any marking, cutting or grinding. Just drill out the holes, rivet/bolt and you're done. EZ. What is convenience worth?
15 minutes to install a set.
Not only that, I include footwell pieces that help to keep the wells clean from any build-up. The others don't do that.

These are machined to fit meticulously out of virgin HDPE. Not just laser cut with straight edges to slap on top of your boards after you hacked them up.
And they come with advanced rivets and stainless traction hardware.

The best part is that they are less than $150 per set. Super value.

Once you've ridden with plastic boards you will never look back. Especially ones that fit like a stock part. EZ.

PM me for details. Thanks, MadFab

M%20EZ%20installed_zpsd6801754.jpg
[/IMG]
M%20EZ%20side%20pic_zpsc571262a.jpg
[/IMG]
M%20EZ%20machine%20detail_zps9aa04fe7.jpg
[/IMG]
M%20EZ%20w%20snow1_zpsc3ad5932.jpg
[/IMG]
M%20EZ%20w%20snow%202_zpse66b0ca8.jpg
[/IMG]

I love my Throttle Up boards, but they weren't the easiest install. EZ Boards weren't out when I bought mine. If I was buying today I would try EZ Boards and if they didn't clean well enough I would start cutting until they did.

I would definetly look at the modrods site and check their boards out.. Have those on mine and had the same ones on my apex built in from van emberg and that style really works!! There is some cutting, more than the the plastic ones, but the mod ones have real holes for big chuncks of snow and ice..

I have Mod Rods on my old REV and they work great, but don't go all the way back. Cutting the stock boards is not for the faint of heart.

I just finished installing Matt's EZ-Boards on my 2011 M8. The install literally took 30 minutes. The crafstmanship is top notch. Haven't used them in the snow yet, so I can't coment on that aspect yet. If they for some reason don't provide enough traction, I'll just add more traction aides.

Premium Features

Back