• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Conditions 2

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
I think all of us with reservations for this weekend and have taken vacation time, rented expensive non-refundable houses.... we know what's going to happen NEXT week.. 50% chance of snow for Monday already.

Truly unfortunate for all you folks in this scenario. We had a Christmas miracle, here's hoping to President's Day one. Cheers :beer;

stumpjumper007

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Eastern SD
Didn't get out today to head south like I planed. last night road up to Lewie's for a burger and a brew to see what trails were like on trail 7. wasn't too bad as far as bare spots(other than crossing Kirk road), but a lot VERY icy conditions. None the less I wouldn't try it again. 4:30 in the afternoon w/ scratchers down and sled was still running warm...

Anybody heading out this weekend be safe with the icy corners...

FWIW...Trail 5 out of deadwood was not good even a few days ago.

What off trail I have been on in the short run I took had a very hard crust...

Just as bummed out as everybody else....

To stick with my earlier post, not worth driving any long distance, but if you already have the reservation, might find some areas by trailhead that are OK, but I haven't been down there for a couple of weeks...just be careful with the ice in the North country...

Premium Features