• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bill to expand Wash.'s Alpine Lakes reintroduced

T
Nov 26, 2007
Monroe/Cle Elum, WA
Found this over at Thumper Talk.

Originally published Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Members of Washington's congressional delegation are making another attempt to expand the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in the Cascades.

The Associated Press
SEATTLE —
Members of Washington's congressional delegation are making another attempt to expand the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in the Cascades.

Republican Rep. Dave Reichert and Democratic Sen. Patty Murray reintroduced bills Thursday to expand the wilderness area by about 22,000 acres and to designate parts of the Pratt River and the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River as wild and scenic.

Washington Sen. Maria Cantwell is a co-sponsor of the legislation in the Senate, and congressmen Jay Inslee, Jim McDermott, Norm Dicks, and Adam Smith are co-sponsors in the House.

Reichert and other members of the delegation have introduced similar measures in recent years, but the bills didn't pass both the House and Senate.

All names to remember next time they are up for reelection.

Last edited:

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
I sent a letter to patty about getting the wolf off the endagered list and she replied back that is not her office that decides that, but its her office that does this !!! what a lying B---H

Dear Mr. summit800

Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 249, a bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to provide that Act shall not apply to any gray wolf (Canis lupus), which is currently pending in the United States Senate. I appreciate knowing your views on this matter.

In the Senate, this legislation falls under the jurisdiction of the Environment and Public Works Committee. While I am not a member of that Committee, I want to assure you that I will be following the progress of this bill and will keep your views in mind if this or related legislation comes before the full Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will continue to keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Patty Murray
United States Senator

Last edited:
Premium Features