• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big wheel question?

:confused: I just completed my long track kit in my 05 rev 800 mod from 121" to 136". I bought mmp rail extensions and 8" wheels. The problem is that I still have a lot of slop in my track and the axle is well over halfway back in the axle slots for adjustment. The rail extensions raised the position of the axle which I was aware of and I was told 8" wheels shoud compensate the difference. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I believe a 9" wheel should make up for the extra slop?????? The track I bought is a brand new 16x136x1.75". Any help Would be greatly appreaciated.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Are the extensions really extensions or just big wheel adapters? If extensions, were they for going from 121-136 or something else? By a lot of slop what do you mean? If you suspend the rear of the sled off the ground and apply say 10lbs of weight to the middle of the track how far does it sag down?

sled_guy

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
If the bottom of your wheels line up with the bottom or your slides, you have the right wheels. Going with bigger wheels would help, but not a good idea. Are you sure there's not enough adjustment to take out the slack? There's nothing wrong with the axle most of the way to the back of the adjustment. Tracks don't stretch out like they used to.

Thanks for the help, I think I got nervous over nothing the 8" wheels line up with the bottom of the rails and I took the spacer out of the adjuster bolt and i was able to get the track tightened up with some room left in the axle slot for stretching. thanks again.

Premium Features