• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big wheel kit & extension.

I have a 151" track from tracksUSA on the way. I am going from 144" to 151".

I need to extend for the new track size.

I would like to go to (2) inside rear 9 inch wheels. Is there a wheel kit that will extend for my new track and provide the offset for the wheels?

Or should I order a rail kit and an axle kit? If so, who's got them in stock (wheels and axle)? Mountain Machine is too busy to return phone calls right now, is there anyone else?

Thank you

What sled? Check Tracks USA, I thought that they had a rail extension with an axle relocation for a big wheel kit, but I think they only offer them in 8 inch wheels. I would definately go that route, its quite abit cheaper that way, too!

It looks like I will have a set of extra extensions that may work for you. I bought 1 set of Mountain Machines and 1 set from Avid as i thought the Mountain Machines stuff may never show up. I think they both shipped to me on Friday. Anyway, they are 7" extensions which may be too long. They do however have the offset built in for 8" wheels. They are for 121 to 136, 136 to 151, 144 to 159, 151 to 166, ect.

talk to wildchild on here. he can custom make any configuration extension you want. he did a 144 to156 extension with 8" relocation built in for me a few years ago. worked and fit great. i beleive he also makes a 2 wheel axle kit. i will post pictures of my old set-up when i get on my personal computer

pics

a couple pics of my wildchild extensions
modproject0005.png

FinishedMod2.jpg

I have those rails in stock. 151 with the axle slot moved to accept 9 inch wheels. They are available in Red or Black anodizing or bare aluminum.

These are also predrilled for either stock or Holz suspension and pre drilled for scratchers.

email me or give me a call and I can get some pics to you.

Thanks

Mike

mike@wiktel.com

218-463-5080

What sled are you doing this on?

In my experience...and I have a lot of that with these set-backs, big wheels, extensions and longer tracks....
On my 2001 Polaris GenII RMK....

I went from a 144 to a 156. ( Stopped along the way in between those two with a 151when I had the 8" wheels). Already had 10t drivers.

Went from 8" wheels to 10" when I jumped from the 151 to the 156.

The only thing I needed to change on the rails was to lift the axle up higher...and it only went back about 1/2" from where the axle sat before. I also moved the entire suspension back in teh tunnel about 2". The 10" wheels and lifting the axle (extensions to mount onto the rail) was all I needed for parts. to make that work.

The only reason I had to lift the axle was to keep the idler wheels from hanging down below the hi-fax. You HAVE to keep your wheels above the rails...That'd be a good way to f-up some billet wheels, eh?

Right now I have a 159" track with about a 2.5" suspension set-back, 10" wheels and 10t drivers on 144" rails. It works fine...but I AM going to move my skid back forward about 1" or 2" just to play with the right weight transfer geometry. I have my limiters out all the way, and get just barely enough lift...and the skis are fricken HEAVY when boon docking. My sled darts when going down hill.

Im not that big of a proponent of big set-backs....1" or 2" should be max if you don't find a way to lighten the skis up more.

Premium Features

Back