• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Mods

P
Feb 15, 2008
Ok so my question is what is the best way 2 learn how 2 do engine mods and such for sleds...im really into sledding and wanna learn how 2 do mods...is best thing 2 get a job at a dealership or what?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
first I assume you have a sled right?

Start small like pipes, or clutching, or a head, maybe change some suspension parts etc. Do this your self and you will get more confident about your abilities. You will be able to see first hand what combos work and what did not, and when it does not work right you will change on peice of the puzzle and try again. You will eventually start to get a feel for the better combos after enough wrong turns, especially in the cluthing department. Then you can move on to bigger mods motor tear downs and rebuilds, big bores, twin pipes, nitrous, turbos, you get the idea.

Also hang around people you know who are more savey than you. It will rub off on you.

Working for a dealer will give you experiance on the machines them selves but more than likely not in the mod section, but a good way to learn how to work on them.

T

TurboGuy800

Oct 29, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
when someone that knows more than you is helping be willing to learn, even when you can help stick around watch and keep you mouth shut, later when drinking a beer ask you questions, this way you can learn by watchin and then the things you dont know you can learn later the "why" behind what you did at the same time you didn't get in the way.

M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
do ONE thing at a time, then try it, especially in the clutching dept. If you do a bunch of stuff at once then it doesn't work, how do you know what worked and what didn't? Start small and work your way up

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
and read read read....these forums are great if you have some basic knowledge...just make sure to take the information from several sources....i was 11 years old when my Mom came home from work and she discovered an 1.5 horspower Clinton engine apart and being cleaned in her just new dishwasher...lol..

Premium Features