• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

big bore discussion continued

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
ok, so i tried to post to the XP big bore thread but it said it was closed.

My question is, I know that you are limited to boring your stock jugs on the 800R to either 85mm or maybe you can go to 86 before you make the cylinder wall too thin, but what about swapping out the cylinders completely with bigger ones. I know that straighline makes a 950 big bore for the 800R but it is like $4,000. Is there a way i can buy jugs from another brand motor, throw them on, and machine/do the porting from there to get something bigger than an 860 that will work well? I have an 07 800R and am looking at my different options.

Evan

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
ok, so i tried to post to the XP big bore thread but it said it was closed.

My question is, I know that you are limited to boring your stock jugs on the 800R to either 85mm or maybe you can go to 86 before you make the cylinder wall too thin, but what about swapping out the cylinders completely with bigger ones. I know that straighline makes a 950 big bore for the 800R but it is like $4,000. Is there a way i can buy jugs from another brand motor, throw them on, and machine/do the porting from there to get something bigger than an 860 that will work well? I have an 07 800R and am looking at my different options.

Evan

Crank Shop or SPI are your only option for bigger than a 880...plus "making your own BB with diff cylinders" would be a nightmare on elm street and if you had the knowlwedge/abilities you wouldnt have posted here it would already be running...

As for bigger hp just add a 30 shot of NOS to my 860 for a 200+ hp mod...BJ

Reactions: Anvil
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
moretorque had a 1075 mono block big bore out for the 800R? not sure where it ever went, I think there was only one made but it ran good apparently. He was trying to sell it on here a little while ago. PM him for more info, maybe he will make you one. :D

NSC

Premium Features