• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best older yet reliable beater sled?

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
My brother wants to pick up something in the $1K - 2K (or less) range that he can just play around with from time to time when we get snow around the house or if a friends want to get together for a party in the lower foothills.

Looks like there's quite a few cheap older sleds on Craigslist in his price range but I have no idea what to suggest. He's not looking for a super hopped up, ridden hard machine but something that tends to start quickly and is known for it's reliability. Doesn't care about jumping it off cliffs or riding in super deep powder.

Any suggestions of brand, model, year and what should be a reasonable price?

Thank you in advance. :face-icon-small-hap

Terry

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Older Yamaha Phazers make awesome beater sleds. Decent power, great mileage, and still pretty easy to get parts for. If you can find a Mtn. Phazer (136) even better, they'll go most anywhere...

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
some good sled suggestions on here,

x2 on the Yamaha phazer or exciter and the Polaris indy`s, also the F chassis and S chassis skidoo`s are a good sled also probably in the smaller CC engines like the 500 550fan or 583, 670`s seem to put the price higher all great engines and dependable sleds

Wildcard

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I have seen alot of 01 to 04 zx and revs go for 1500 to 2 grand here in Utah.. Not sure where you at? Think there a couple revs for around 1200 on ksl now. My buddy bought a nice phazer 136 last yr for 700

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Thanks all. I found several Phazer's for $700-900 here in WA. Passed the info along to my brother.

Premium Features