• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Enclosed Trailer??

Mountain Slayer

Lifetime Membership
I am looking at upgrading my enclosed trailer and would like input on what everyone thinks is the best or worst trailer for the money. I would like 8.5'x26 or longer as I haul four mountain sleds (151" to 162"). Have looked at American Hauler, Cargo Express, and MTI online....any input on those?

Don't know anything about those but have inquired on many other brands and we finally settled on a Cargo Mate. Doubt it is any better than mosr of the other trailers but the local dealer here gave us a real good deal on it so we rolled with it.

Your going to get a lot of different opinions on enclosed trailers and i'd take them with a grain of salt. One thing I would add that when buying a new trailer, dealer support would be high on my list.

Class Act/ Aluminum trailer

I bought a new Class Act last year. I love it. Very rugged and strong, but also very light. She is had an aluminum frame, and a durable fiberglass sheeting. If you were to ever break a panel you can replace it.
It was the bast bang for the buck also. No one could compete with the price.
Here is there number:
Terry's Used Cars, Inc.
4795 Cornfield Dr.
Cedar Springs, MI 49319
Ph. 616-696-2080

Even with delivery to Seattle the price was great. There are also tons of options.

For what it's worth.

Car Hauler

I picked up a 26' Hallmark Car Hauler and I am starting the mods to the inside. I recommend considering the car hauler as the floor and frame is lower and thus the trailer actually tows behind you in stead of pulling your truck around..I noticed a big difference and better driving control from this.
The questions are how to make the inside SWEET..
good luck,,and let me know what you decide on and how it works out.

I picked up a 26' Hallmark Car Hauler and I am starting the mods to the inside. I recommend considering the car hauler as the floor and frame is lower and thus the trailer actually tows behind you in stead of pulling your truck around..I noticed a big difference and better driving control from this.

I agree!

Im running a 26' mirage extreme sport (between a car hauler and sled trailer height wise) you can still get a car in it and it tows better than higher sled trailers, less wind resistance.

I bought one of the first mirage trailers and its been awesome! There are some people on here that have had some issues with em but ive seen some other big name trailers for twice as much have just as many problems.

miragetrailer001.jpg

Last edited:
If money was no object i would buy full aluminum with hardwall fiberglass walls. Aluminum powdercoated sheeting sucks over time. Hardwall enclosed you can keep looking new forever. JMO. Brand doesn't mean to much because they more or less use the same things like axles etc. A trailer is really what you make it in the end. If money is an issue find a good deal on any trailer that is right in size and customize it for function. Trailers get totally beat on the highway. It would be a cold day in hell before i dropped $60,000 for a blinged out enclosed which will be worthless in 5 years !

I have the higher Haulmark with the wheels "under" it and I would have to agree with this comment. Consider where you live, like living in Wyoming with a kite behind the truck has not been the best without a dually pickup. That being said I think having a dealership close to service it is key. Haven't had any problems with Haulmark.

Trailer Brands

I have not heard of any of those brands, seems like there are so many options out there. I am looking at a trailswest RPM brand trailer? They are new too the market but trailswest has made trailers for years for horse owner's. I am not sure of there long term quality but the pricing is good for what they give you. There basically fully loaded option with a frced air furnace 28 foot with 22 box 6 v is priced at 11,500. Smooth side (no rivets) ski guides inside sitting bench over the furnace, Battery for lights and furnace ignition. Also coats hooks and Diamond pate shelfs seems to be pretty good price for what you get. I have had Haulmark's and currently have a Charmac looking to go a bit bigger though? check them out. I started another thread specific to these we will see what is said?

www.trailswesttrailers.com

check out the nash trailer brand, my buddy is a dealer for them and the producer of Thunderstruck had one for a year. they are all aluminum construction, priced extremely good and they are top quality. he is gettin a delivery of trailers on monday, i will take some pictures and post them up, i think you will like them. you can also add any option you want, like tvs, amazing stereo, doors wherever you want, inslulation, heaters, stainless walls inside, they are sweet.

Ive had Charmac,triton, and wells cargo. I think the charmac was one of the worst trailers. I loved the Triton. I would go Triton or Featherlite.

What didn't you like about the Charmac? I just picked up a 26' Tri-Sport and so far I'm pretty happy w/ it. Anything I should look out for?

As for hauling 4 mtn sleds, 26' is about right. I've had 5 sleds in mine but it has to be loaded just right and the 5th sled is my buddies kids 136". 4 full sized mtn sleds is just right w/ room to work around them.

PB070473.jpg

Last edited:
I have a older 22 foot Pace American that i picked up for a good deal. My biggest complaint over it is that it is only 5'-10" and i am about 6'-1". I couldn't pass up the good deal but man being able to stand straight up would be worth the extra money. Defiantly something i will keep in mind for my next purchase. As for the Pace American brand i don't have anything bad to say, but it is the older steel trailer. It weighs a lot!! But I don't have to go far.

Buddy of mine bought an 08 Xtreme and last year he went to open the front ramp door and the whole door fell off its hinges. His dealer did warranty it but still a crappy deal.

What didn't you like about the Charmac? I just picked up a 26' Tri-Sport and so far I'm pretty happy w/ it. Anything I should look out for?

As for hauling 4 mtn sleds, 26' is about right. I've had 5 sleds in mine but it has to be loaded just right and the 5th sled is my buddies kids 136". 4 full sized mtn sleds is just right w/ room to work around them.

View attachment 87030

check your axles for cracks right where the end of the axle itself is welded to the spindle.

Seen it on a few diffrent buddies charmacs, no help from the MFG either.

I have a all aluminium top grade featherlite, built like a tank, heater works amazing...never any issues at all. Yeah it was expensive tho...:(

I borrowed a 29' http://www.uscargo.com/default.asp?page=products&type=snowmobiletrailers&model=ameralitesnow last year a few times and loved it. Was tough to get 5 mt sleds into because of the width, had to stagger them back to front but sqeezed them in. It pulled like a dream across SW ND in 40 mph sidewinds at 8o mph. So we custom ordered a 31' this spring and love it. Just done some local hauls so far but it is very well balanced. They doubled up the rectangle tubing under each side of the trailer for strength. Can't wait to pull it west!!! I am no engineer but it seems like the narrow width really makes a difference aerodynamically behind a vehicle. I always felt in control. Nothing like the tail whipping full widths I have pulled in the past.

:beer;:beer;:beer;

I purchased an 08 Mirage Extreme Snow and love it. Polybead floor, diamond plate cabinets, 110 outlets, etc. The trailer has been great. Pulls great and follows very well. All trailers have their issues, but the only issue I've had are a few of the self tapping screws in the floor try to work their way up a little. Loctite has solved that. Overall very happy with the investment. Hope this helps:)

I borrowed a 29' http://www.uscargo.com/default.asp?page=products&type=snowmobiletrailers&model=ameralitesnow last year a few times and loved it. Was tough to get 5 mt sleds into because of the width, had to stagger them back to front but sqeezed them in. It pulled like a dream across SW ND in 40 mph sidewinds at 8o mph. So we custom ordered a 31' this spring and love it. Just done some local hauls so far but it is very well balanced. They doubled up the rectangle tubing under each side of the trailer for strength. Can't wait to pull it west!!! I am no engineer but it seems like the narrow width really makes a difference aerodynamically behind a vehicle. I always felt in control. Nothing like the tail whipping full widths I have pulled in the past.

:beer;:beer;:beer;

Your right. We have the same trailer in our group. As far as ease of towing you can not beat a in-line trailer. Because they don't hang out past the truck to catch all the wind. We have loaded one full of sleds and gear and pulled it 400 miles at 80 miles per hour with a 1/2 ton GMC 5.3 like the trailer wasn't even there. I just orderd a R&R 27' inline.

need a trailer

If you need a trailer send me a message and we can talk I sell mirage inclosed I run one and alot of the people I sled with have them and love them and I take care of the customers so lets talk thanks

Premium Features

Back