• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best car/truck mechanics in anchorage?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Need to get some work done on my truck, and want to have it done right the first time. I have heard some good things about F.A.T.S. but wanted to know who you have had the best luck with.

Thanks

S

snow_freak

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 11, 2009
Wasilla
i wouldnt go to fats, ive been there once and it was full of mexicans or irageis or something like that and not everyone spoke english.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I am the best but I dont work much anymore as far as wrenching..what do you need done?

I have a long list of stuff that needs to be fixed. It burns oil pretty good and possably a tad of coolant. It also makes a wierd clacking noise when idleing, but wont if you turn all the AC and heat off. It also idles real poor just after you get off the highway and you're sitting at a light. Just a lot of wierd little stuff that drives me nuts. And new brakes...

Thanks for the opinions guys

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have a long list of stuff that needs to be fixed. It burns oil pretty good and possably a tad of coolant. I also makes a wierd clacking noise when idleing, but wont if you turn all the AC and heat off. It also idles real poor just after you get off the highway and you're sitting at a light. Just a lot of wierd little stuff that drives me nuts. And new brakes...

Thanks for the opinions guys

Pm me, either me or my best friend(or both) will see if we cant get ya fixed up..I work alot right now(4th straight week of turning over 75 hrs at just my main job)but we can fix ya up..what kind of vehicle?...mike

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Superior Automotive on Dowling.

I used to wrench on cars for the owner, Butch, he's a nice guy and they stand behind their work.

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
Stop by our shop (Meineke) and talk to Blaine...he will take care you. Ask to have Steve or Dwayne work on your rig...both Master Techs both very sharp. Tell him I sent you over and he will give you 10% off your repairs. 279-4541

Reactions: akmclean
C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
Just wanted to say your guys did a great job Clayton. Quick and clean and got it fixed right the first time. Thanks again

Thanks for the feedback and patronage. It's been a process since I bought the business in November of 2008. It took about 8 months but I now have the right people in there to take good care of the customers and techs with the know how and work ethic to get things fixed right. :beer;

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Thanks for the feedback and patronage. It's been a process since I bought the business in November of 2008. It took about 8 months but I now have the right people in there to take good care of the customers and techs with the know how and work ethic to get things fixed right. :beer;

Thats rare these days. One you get a good group of techs that not only do good work but work well togeather as a team TAKE CARE OF THEM!!!:D Coming from a wrench!! Its hard to find a good shop that has good management!!! Let alone other good wrenches to work with!:D Sounds like you got it good on both ends!:beer;

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i know its not in anchorage but if anyone ever needs a cummins or a duramax worked on russ at ak diesel doctors in wasilla is one hell of a guy my 05 cummins is there as we speak getting a whole new motor and he is a stand up guy and has helped me out tons

Premium Features