• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Beating a dead horse

cubby

Premium Member
I have a 04 800 rev and the oil cap leaks. Now I have heard about putting a polaris oil cap on and it solves the problem. What make and model do I order it for or are they all the same? Thanks

Either a new DOO cap, a inset to keep the reservoir "round", or a Polaris cap off a newer sled...MAKE SURE IT'S VENTED!!
Just snug them, not very tight and they don't tend to leak or distort the res. :beer;;)

Winter Brew thanks again for the honest answer. seems to be alot of tension on here lately, hope it snows fast not that that will fix everything.:rolleyes:

Are you sure it is the cap? I had a leak and put 3 differant caps on trying to solve the problem. Turned out to be that the neck of the tank was cracked abou a 1/4 of the way around, probably from tightening the cap to tight. A new tank solved the problem and now I just turn the cap down till it stops, no more than that. The crack should be easy to see, as it shows up as a slightly darker hairline in the plastic, because it fills with oil.

skidoorulz

Thanks for the reply I am going to go out and check that right now, never thought of it glad you said something.:beer;:beer;

I love it.............. classic.........

Ski-doo leaks..........buy polaris parts.......

I'm sorry AC has there issues too but thats funny

All brands happen to make some good things and some bad things. It is ironic that the only good thing Polaris makes is an oil cap and the only bad thing Doo makes is an oil cap.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you sure it is the cap? I had a leak and put 3 differant caps on trying to solve the problem. Turned out to be that the neck of the tank was cracked abou a 1/4 of the way around, probably from tightening the cap to tight. A new tank solved the problem and now I just turn the cap down till it stops, no more than that. The crack should be easy to see, as it shows up as a slightly darker hairline in the plastic, because it fills with oil.

i did this exactly also..except for i used the material that u use to fix the hoods, and i wiped the inside of the resevoir out with acetone and than applied the mateial inside the rim .that was 3 years ago and its still stuck. b 4 u going out looking for caps i suggest u take a light open ,take off the cap and look around , maybe move the top area around with other hand ,looking for a hair line crack.. and dont put cap on too tight.

Yes, there was a crack on the neck of the tank so I think I will just try and band aid it for now and replace it later thanks everyone:beer;

I bought a 09 polaris dragon oil cap. its vented and worked perfectly. My factory doo cap would not get tight enough and then cross tighten and pop loose. the dragon cap will snug up nice and tight and not cross thread. 25 bucks at the dealer i went to. havn't lost any oil since.:D :beer;:beer;

Premium Features

Back