• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BearCat secondary on Ultra mod

P

PowderSwede

Hi, I´m thinking of swapping to a bearcat roller secondary on my mod, which is based on a -97 Ultra.
Need help on what belts I could use after this swap, sincen the bearcat secondary has a larger diameter than the OEM Pol button secondary.

Anyone able to provide this knowledge? Heard something about a 1,5 inch longer belt was required when doing this swap...-can anyone confirm that?

Also, I´d like some pointer on what helix to use in the Cat sec, considering that my current set uo uses a 36-42 degree helix in the Polaris button style secondary.

Thanks,

Stefan

I wasn't aware the outer diameter was that much larger. I busted up my button secondary on my '99 and bought a new AC roller from the dealer. All I needed was a new square key and bolted it up and used the stock belt. I sold the clutch to another guy later and he had a little more power so we tightened the spring up one hole and it ran fine.

Can't help you on a longer belt.

If you bought a "standard" cat secondary the diameter is the same as the Pol. It´s the secondary from the BearCat model that´s larger in OD.

Maybe if anyone has a good table on belt measurements to recommend I could go from there?

math

Figure the difference in Circumference between the two clutches, that would be a good place to start. I think I would divide that number by two and add the result to the original belt length. But I am not certain on that one as I have never done it myself. It just seems like it would work.....

Thank you. -Calculating the difference is one thing but after doing that I need some chart containing measurements for different belts...

-Know of any such chart?

OR if anyone has done this on a wedge and has the required info that would be the easiest... -DanB or any other Ultra mod guru around these days?

Premium Features

Back