• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX/SSI products at Haydays

D
Aug 13, 2016
Eagle CO
Helo forum folks and fellow Cat riders! Haydays is just around the corner and I wanted to share with you some of the best products I purchased at last year's event. I ride an average of 70+ days a season and have been mtn riding in CO since '96
Like many, I have spent ridiculous time and money on performance upgrades over the years. This past season my build started with an M8000snopro. I met up with Ray and Erich at their Black Diamond Extreme / Speedshop inc. Booth at Haydays and found a few items that anyone riding Cats can really appreciate.
Lightweight tank and seat combo: OMG, it was So nice to have a clear tank again, additional fuel capacity gave a great sense of assurance and the tall tapered seat was truly an asset to the handling and comfort of the machine. I wouldn't want to ride this chassis without this upgrade, the ergonomic benefit needs to be experienced.
Y pipe and lightweight can: not wanting to mess with fuel control I chose to make the most out of my sled by keeping in the "safe" zone eliminating static and rotational weight where it made sense. The combination of the SSI Y-pipe and titanium muffler exceeded my expectations. The Y-pipe has much better flow than stock giving more HP and good looks. And the titanium can is So light literally 2.5 lbs The sound of the TI can is sweeet and is really a quiet muffler due to being baffled. The way these two worked together with the stock expansion chamber was a very noticeable enhancement.
Lightweight jackshaft: Lighter is righter when it doesn't compromise strength and this upgrade fit the bill and was a perfect counterpart to the TKI belt drive system and BDX lightweight brake rotor to help my machine spool up quick.
Just wanted to share with my fellow Cat riders some of my favorite purchased products from last year's Haydays.

Premium Features