• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX powervalve plus

asked this in the regular M section...need some turbo owners advice tho..I will need a servo motor in my M8T i believe...What will the sled be like with a BDX delete? im pretty used to the soft bottom end of the turbo already will it be that much worse? Reason i ask is a simple belt blow up that broke my cluch guard mount and hit my PV cables jacked my servo up and ruined my day. i didnt have anything to wire them open, so i towed it out...looking to not spend 500 bucks and simplify things...thanks

asked this in the regular M section...need some turbo owners advice tho..I will need a servo motor in my M8T i believe...What will the sled be like with a BDX delete? im pretty used to the soft bottom end of the turbo already will it be that much worse? Reason i ask is a simple belt blow up that broke my cluch guard mount and hit my PV cables jacked my servo up and ruined my day. i didnt have anything to wire them open, so i towed it out...looking to not spend 500 bucks and simplify things...thanks

I've never run this in a boosted application, but any loss of bottom end will slow spool, therefore making the bottom end even worse...

IMO, in a boosted application it would be WAY the wrong way to go. We need all the bottom we can get, and the gain in middle is pointless since the turbo should already be giving us much more there.

Of course... it's possible I'm looking at this all wrong, and the lack of limitation on the escaping exhaust will drive the turbo QUICKER, therefore spooling the turbo quicker, and it would then be a great mod for a boosted application.

I'll bet a dollar that ONE of my theories is right:face-icon-small-dis:juggle:

I'd see if someone here has a set you could use to test it out. It takes about 5 minutes to install, so the testing is pretty easy.

I've never run this in a boosted application, but any loss of bottom end will slow spool, therefore making the bottom end even worse...

IMO, in a boosted application it would be WAY the wrong way to go. We need all the bottom we can get, and the gain in middle is pointless since the turbo should already be giving us much more there.

Of course... it's possible I'm looking at this all wrong, and the lack of limitation on the escaping exhaust will drive the turbo QUICKER, therefore spooling the turbo quicker, and it would then be a great mod for a boosted application.

I'll bet a dollar that ONE of my theories is right:face-icon-small-dis:juggle:

I'd see if someone here has a set you could use to test it out. It takes about 5 minutes to install, so the testing is pretty easy.

I bet your correct on one of your theories lol....I was hoping for the one about it making the turbo spool quicker!

I am no expert, but you would be basically raising the port timing in the bottom end from my understanding, and would be killing your response. I could probably snag you a servo from my dealer at race pricing for around $325-350.

Premium Features

Back