• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bd vs ovs clutching

S

snobyrd

i have a ovs pg kit 2011 m8 162 also a 2010 with a bd pg kit 153 , both with a 36 helix, ovs got 83 grms mds and revs 8200, the bd has dalton 80 grms and also revs 8200, thing is the ovs will kill the bd, so i tried switching primarys and the bd kit would only pull 7800, so why the differance? i figured that the bd kit would pull the same as the ovs kit. The only differance is the ovs has a 2871 vs 2860. Im tryin to wake up that bd kit, its pretty lame, eleavation is 4500'

i have a ovs pg kit 2011 m8 162 also a 2010 with a bd pg kit 153 , both with a 36 helix, ovs got 83 grms mds and revs 8200, the bd has dalton 80 grms and also revs 8200, thing is the ovs will kill the bd, so i tried switching primarys and the bd kit would only pull 7800, so why the differance? i figured that the bd kit would pull the same as the ovs kit. The only differance is the ovs has a 2871 vs 2860. Im tryin to wake up that bd kit, its pretty lame, eleavation is 4500'

Need you say more

i was thinkin the turbo size was the dif, so id that the case, why do t builders use a 2860 in place of a 2871, i spoke with bd canada and he said thier bd kit would out pull my ovs kit, mmmmm
tks boy

I have some ocean front property in WY too if your interested.
having that turbo is like having 2lbs more boost. Running 91 octane at our elevation most of the time on a bd kit you can run 8-9lbs of boost on the stock injectors around here but my twisted kit with a 2871 7lbs was iffy, even with more injectors.

i agree with u boy from my own observation as well, we even cranked up the boost on that bd kit with 50/50 av and still couldnt pull 8200, these are our first kits and the boonie is so lame we might sell that sled and get a stocker.

i agree with u boy from my own observation as well, we even cranked up the boost on that bd kit with 50/50 av and still couldnt pull 8200, these are our first kits and the boonie is so lame we might sell that sled and get a stocker.

In that case, maybe you need to find the right person to tune it, it should still be way better than a stocker.

Must be something other the smaller turbo. I've seen CPC stage 2's with 2860's that absolutely kick azz.

I have the OVS kit as well, tial 2871. The HO 800 likes to run at 8400rpm. I've played around with different clutched variations and ended up with the OVS recommended setup with the torsional SU helix (38/42). I'm using the adjustable weights with 4 holes to add or subtract magnets for more or less weight. (i think they are D&D weights but not positive). I'm heavy in the heel with 2 grams in tip and my sled rocks at 8400 rpms, 12lbs boost on 50/50. What a rush......

Premium Features

Back