• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD starting #'s race gas kit?'s

I have a 07 m8 with the pump gas kit installed that I am installing a race gas kit upgrade in. BD did send me starting #'s but I have no starting numbers for the ACEL Screen and DCEL screen. Currently they are all 0's. Anyone have any idea where to start with these two screens? I know in the instructions it says the "Sens" setting cant be 0 because the Accelerator pump will be on all the time. I would call BD but they aren't open on Saturdays. thanks!

####

The main thing is that your secondary injectors are on. The only difference when you add the race gas is addition of more fuel at higher boost. Do not mess with the other settings. what do you have and does it display the 4th # in the screen?

The main thing is that your secondary injectors are on. The only difference when you add the race gas is addition of more fuel at higher boost. Do not mess with the other settings. what do you have and does it display the 4th # in the screen?

yes i have a 4th number .. at 3000 the letter is A and the number is 0
5000 the letter is B and number is 4
6700 the letter is C and the number is 4
7800 the letter is D and the number is 1

my question is on the ACEL screen... all numbers are 0 the 4 settings are AL, DR, SN, and AH..

I have a 07 m8 with the pump gas kit installed that I am installing a race gas kit upgrade in. BD did send me starting #'s but I have no starting numbers for the ACEL Screen and DCEL screen. Currently they are all 0's. Anyone have any idea where to start with these two screens? I know in the instructions it says the "Sens" setting cant be 0 because the Accelerator pump will be on all the time. I would call BD but they aren't open on Saturdays. thanks!

On my 2010 m8 With Boondocker Race Gas Setup my ACCEL/DCEL Settings are as follows:

ACCEL: AL: 00 DR: 00 SN: 08 AH: 00

DCEL: DR: 05 SN: 10

Hopefully that helps you out

PSI ##

FYI on a 800 I never touch the ACEL #

Lets see the PSI #####

my question is on the ACEL screen... all numbers are 0 the 4 settings are AL, DR, SN, and AH..

When you are in supertuner mode which you will want out of when your done:
3000 -10 -10 -10 A=0 On Arctic Cats this does nothing

5000 -10 -10 -10 B=4 adjust how Acel fuel is added

6700 -6 -6 -6 C=4 adjust how boost fuel is added (Do Not Adjust This)

7800 0 0 0 D= 9 determines when Acel fuel goes from AL to AH (=4.5 also. Higher numbers cause it to switch at higher numbers, on some boxes if the value is even it disables the temp compensation

8600 0 0 0 E=0 effects temp compensation at idle so if intercooler is heat soaked , it doesnt run to lean

PSI L 11 26 45 OS=20 adjust the initial turn-on amount of fuel. OS can have Effect on slope of fuel amount Aux Inj. give as boost increases. A higher OS w/ corresponding Lower PSI H values can be used to give more fuel @ lower boost levels & relatively less fuel @ higher boost levels then Lower OS #'s with higher PSI H values would give you(this would result in less fuel @ lower boost , more fuel at higher boost. I couldnt wrap my little head around this untill I put it on a graph.

PSI H 11 22 47 CR=26 adjust when your secondary injectors turn on(4.5 unit's per pound of boost,D uses this also) ie: 9 = 2#'s of boost , 23= just over 5#'s. Ill watch my Max Duty Cycle to make sure Im in the high 80's Low 90's and depending on conditions, I do adjust this.

ACEL Al(amount low)=0 DR(duration)0 SN(sensitivity)8 AH(amount high)0. Im not as familiar with this setting as the others so I dont mess with it. I did read somewhere that AL gets canceled and goes to AH when it senses 1/2# boost. When I ran an M7 I did pull fuel out of the AL and set the DR to 25
and it helped with the laggy bottom end, but it also caused a lean stumble just off idle when it was cold. I just pull fuel out to the rpm,s now.

DCEL DR 05 SN 10 This removes boost fuel(but not stock fuel) when suddenly letting off the throttle this helps it from lodading up when going off throttle, then back on.

Hopes this helps,
Don

PSI H 11 22 47 CR=26

See the cross over that is what I was looking for that is probably to high. This is the number when your secondaries come in. You will find with this number that your duty cycle will be to high.

19-21 is normal

This is the main thing that must be adjusted going from 2 injectors to 4.

Like i said previous I never need to mess with the ACEL on a M8

Last edited:
See the cross over that is what I was looking for that is probably to high. This is the number when your secondaries come in. You will find with this number that your duty cycle will be to high.

19-21 is normal

This is the main thing that must be adjusted going from 2 injectors to 4.

Like i said previous I never need to mess with the ACEL on a M8

Thanks for all the info from everyone... mmsport I know you asked for my psi #'s they are below... they are just the starting #'s bd sent me..
PSIL L=17 M=28 H=46 OS= 20
PSIH L=15 M=30 H=48 OS=21

So it sounds like I should leave every number in the acel and decel screens set to 0? Unless I need to change them to get the sled running better? I have not run the sled yet. almost done with the race gas upgrade install. Keep in mind I am running at low elevation. Thanks again

"See the cross over that is what I was looking for that is probably to high. This is the number when your secondaries come in. You will find with this number that your duty cycle will be to high."

I watch this pretty close, as I like to keep my Duty Cycle in the low 90's. That 26# is from Last Spring, In the middle of winter when Im really loading it up the 26 drops to 22-23. That is with stock pump, Boonies-VFD, 39#'s at idle.

Ill try dropping the CR to 20 and see where my Duty Cycle ends up I would guess somewhere in the mid 80's is this what your seeing MMSports?

20 CR at elevation shows mid 80's for duty cycle from what I've seen on my sled.

Does the setting of the CR relate to exhaust temps? IE if you are climbing a hill
and getting to hot if you increase the CR will your temps go down? Or do you need to add more fuel with the PSI H or PSI L numbers?

Premium Features

Back