• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD pump gas with aux injector questions

J

jds

I have an 09 m8 with a BD pump gas kit. I live in mn so I needed to get aux injectors so I could ride it at home without maxing the duty cycle. I was wondering how much boost I will be able to run at 7-10000ft with race gas. Also does anyone have any numbers to start with in Minnesota or at 7-10000ft. I have the 2d box and my buddy has a 11m8 with same set up and a 3d box. Any info would be great.
Thanks brent

So let me get this right.

You have a BD PG kit. You want to run it a low elevation and add boost and extra injectors?

So you want to turn it into a race gas full out kit?

Sounds like run good fuel, add a high output or secondary fuel pump, injectors, control box for secondaries, crank up the boost and pin it.

Just for reference, I run 11lbs at 8000' on 100ll. (M1000 Twisted kit) You have a knock sensor so you can be a little less concerned about det.

Thunder

I run the intercooled race gas kit (basically what you would be running) on the 2d box down low, and up high. The only changes I make to the mapping is the CR (crossover) numbers when down low so the secondary injectors kick on before duty cycle is maxed out.

I run the intercooled race gas kit (basically what you would be running) on the 2d box down low, and up high. The only changes I make to the mapping is the CR (crossover) numbers when down low so the secondary injectors kick on before duty cycle is maxed out.

What Breeze said works decent for my 2008 m8 bd rg with intercooler in iowa.

I have my OS turned down to 10 (from 20) to smooth out the transition when the secondaries come on. That works fine for me in the mountains as well... but adjusting the OS may require some fueling adjustments if you are already dialed in.

I ride 9000 to 11,000 in wyoming with CR=32 and use CR=18 in iowa. I copied my mountain fuel map to another position & made a few minor adjustments that helped clean it up some more... but it runs decent at 1500 feet just changing the CR.

Premium Features

Back