• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Baker 5-15-09

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Was a great day up at Baker on Friday. Another hookie day. Left the Seattle area around 7am, and got up to the parking lot around 10am.

Went up with papa bear, who seems to be my spring riding bud. We had a great time, but the snow up top was really hard till around 1pm. Then it got soft and deep. Like up to my knees deep. A couple times I thought I was going up to my nuts! Didn't see too many people up on the hill and most of it was untracked. Man that snow was heavy and wet, and it was really making the sleds work for it.

Some pics..

Papa bear
IMG_3955.jpg

the sleds..
IMG_3957.jpg

pb again..
IMG_3958.jpg

The view down the mountain from hood hill..
IMG_3959.jpg

freshies
IMG_3960.jpg

my awesome nytro..
IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

A sun dog, as papa bear calls it.
IMG_3966.jpg

What is this rats nest? papa bear was having a heck of a time with his belts. He went through both of his, and ended up coming down on my spare. I guess that is one way to fix an rt! lol..
IMG_3971.jpg

The rig setup... I think he is a little overweight!! ha ha
IMG_3975.jpg

It was an excellent ride, yet again. The snow was so deep in the afternoon. I think there is pretty much no reason to get up on the hill before 1pm. The conditions start getting good then and just keep on getting better till sunset.

Blue lake trail is getting toast. I think there is just a 10 foot section of snow at the 3rd parking lot y and then parking will be up at the top of the switch backs. Some people shoveling or a couple of big trucks should be able to open it up really quickly.

You guys take it easy and enjoy!! Thanks again papa bear for the ride. I owe you a gas tank fill up the next time we ride!!

Schreibers

Just got back from Baker.Soft snow at 7 AM. Met up with 5 other riders. DO NOT TAKE THE 13 TRAIL UP TO SCHREIBERS>>>OVER A MILE AND A HALF OF GRAVEL......TAKE THE BLU LAKE AND CUT OVER PICS LATER

I think there is pretty much no reason to get up on the hill before 1pm. The conditions start getting good then and just keep on getting better till sunset.

uhhhh - yep! ;)

You guys had better weather Fri than we did Sat... sun didn't finally come out till around 5:30 or 6.... but still a great day!

I was shocked by all the new snow and untracked.... there was more up there yesterday than when I was up there 2 weeks ago - yeehah!!!!

Premium Features

Back