• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back to polaris!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Nice work!

Have you seen polaris’s new magnetic tether?

Also ice age has a new forged A arm set available. (That’s the way i’d go if I didn’t already have a full set of steel arms plus spares)

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Nice work!

Also ice age has a new forged A arm set available. (That’s the way i’d go if I didn’t already have a full set of steel arms plus spares)
I havent! Ill have to look into that tether! Ill have to see how the factory arms hold up, i had the kmod arms on my 16, but id like to be able to just run to the dealer if i bend one. How do the 850s respond to gearing? I did the pro pulleys on my 16, either do that or tki. And probably diamond s Ti can

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The 21s are geared lower. Like 10% lower than your 16. Why did you change back to poo?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I havent! Ill have to look into that tether! Ill have to see how the factory arms hold up, i had the kmod arms on my 16, but id like to be able to just run to the dealer if i bend one. How do the 850s respond to gearing? I did the pro pulleys on my 16, either do that or tki. And probably diamond s Ti can

The ice age arms swap with oem arms exactly.

I spent a couple days on a bone stock 850 khaos last year.

After break in they rip as is.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Look for the QD2 logo down on the lower right side. You won't need to regear that one.

Last edited:

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Lol for the QD2 logo down on the lower right side. You won't need to regear that one.

Depends on with KHAOS he picked up.. Was it someones snowcheck they backed out on.. and did they order the QD2? Or was it one of the special order KHAOS the the dealers can purchase to sell? They have the colors, coated tunnel and rails and PIDD gage dealers can buy to sell but you don't get the other snowcheck options like QD2, 165 track, underseat bag and I don't remember what else.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Depends on with KHAOS he picked up.. Was it someones snowcheck they backed out on.. and did they order the QD2? Or was it one of the special order KHAOS the the dealers can purchase to sell? They have the colors, coated tunnel and rails and PIDD gage dealers can buy to sell but you don't get the other snowcheck options like QD2, 165 track, underseat bag and I don't remember what else.

That's what I'm saying. Look for the QD2 logo.
If it's there, don't need to gear down.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
The 21s are geared lower. Like 10% lower than your 16. Why did you change back to poo?
The alpha is fun, the track is great, the engine is strong, but it can be unpredicable, it will wheelie over on you especially on steep climbs, and if you let off the throttle it can send you down hill, its really not great in setup snow, it wants to roll down hill, and even with all the stuff i did to it, it still felt bulky and heavy compared to the axys. It also always wanted to turn uphill when sidehilling.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
The alpha is fun, the track is great, the engine is strong, but it can be unpredicable, it will wheelie over on you especially on steep climbs, and if you let off the throttle it can send you down hill, its really not great in setup snow, it wants to roll down hill, and even with all the stuff i did to it, it still felt bulky and heavy compared to the axys. It also always wanted to turn uphill when sidehilling.
For sure a few of the reasons I'm also back on an Axys this season and not an Alpha. Not to mention poor fit and finish from Cat.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I hadn't seen the a- arm braces , where could I find some info on them? Thanks

Keep in mind these are CDN prices so USA o\prices will be about 3/4 with the exchange.

Chris

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
install chromoly a arms before you bend the stock ones, that way you can resell the stocker brand new take and get 80% of your cash back

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Nice work!

Ive seen a few Arctic cat magnetic tethers from different companies I was thinking of buying. I don't care for the rubber tether from Polaris that I have run for years. Does Polaris now have their own magnetic tether or do I need to buy an AC one from a source that sets it up to plug and play on a Polaris?

Premium Features