• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS® Lock & Ride® Pro Fit Mountain Dash Bag

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Reactions: Mark's RMK

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
The polaris bag only has single access from the right side. If you stuff it full, everything has to come out to reach the first items.

The holeshot dash bag is more functional in that it can hold more and zip entirely open such that you can access the stuff you need very quickly. Cinno

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I think there is some confusion in this thread (is with me anyway!). The Polaris Pro Fit Lock & Ride Mtn bag is not really the comparable bag with the Holeshot dash bag. The Holeshot bag does not work with the Axys to my knowledge. The better comparison for the Axys is the Lock & Ride Pro Fit Heated bag. It makes use of the heat box that is otherwise useless.

The Pro Fit Mountain Dash bag is kinda nice. I have one. Not airtight but it works well for golves, radio, snacks, water, etc. It does close enough to keep snow out but isn't waterproof. It mounts with the stock Polaris hood screws.

Reactions: Mark's RMK

RX-1 Liter

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2010
Chautauqua County, NY
The Pro Fit Mountain Dash bag is kinda nice. I have one. Not airtight but it works well for golves, radio, snacks, water, etc. It does close enough to keep snow out but isn't waterproof. It mounts with the stock Polaris hood screws.

Does the mountain dash bag block your view of the PIDD display when sitting?

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
I was looking at getting that dash bag on my 2017, get rid of the handlebar bag that comes with my LE and then I have a nextlevel bag as well. I figured that would be enough storage for the little stuff. Anyone have that combo?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
My experience . . .
I got both handlebar and dash bags at first, installed them, then quickly realized that if you use both of them, they rub and make getting the dash bag open a bit of a challenge. So i returned the handlebar bag and kept the dash bag, as it is very functional and does not block the PIDD gauge. VERY nice bag!

The combo i use is - dash bag & large windshield bag (fits behind mid-high windshield - NOT low windshield). Also, not having a handlebar bag allows me to attach my tether to the center of the handlebar clamp.

Then i also use the large tunnel bag with the hard shell and underseat bag. Both are VERY good bags.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
My experience . . .
I got both handlebar and dash bags at first, installed them, then quickly realized that if you use both of them, they rub and make getting the dash bag open a bit of a challenge. So i returned the handlebar bag and kept the dash bag, as it is very functional and does not block the PIDD gauge. VERY nice bag!

The combo i use is - dash bag & large windshield bag (fits behind mid-high windshield - NOT low windshield). Also, not having a handlebar bag allows me to attach my tether to the center of the handlebar clamp.

Then i also use the large tunnel bag with the hard shell and underseat bag. Both are VERY good bags.
You wear a backpack too??

Premium Features