• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avy Info

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Good post! Thanks for the link. I was surprised there were several small Avy's at Hatcher's today. There isn't even that much snow up there right now....Makes you think. So I want to ask a question, maybe this isn't the place, but I would like to know who has/wears a beacon? I always wear one and bring an extra if someone in my group doesn't have one.

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
beacons

Its surprising that so many people don't have probes or a beacon. I wear a beacon and have a reflector in my riding pants all the time. I need some more training on proper use for sure and will look into that. keep safe.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
kids and I all have beacons ,probes and shovels..we share 1 ABS pack right now..will get 2 more someday...when the kids dont ride with me I lend their beacons to who ever is riding with me...

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I aways wear mine

and have 2 spares for others with me. I am aways amazed at those that say "we won't be any where that might slide" Some don't realize how a small hill can go and bury you. Take a class and you will be surprised. I figure if I bought it why wouldn't I wear it? Shovel and probe on my back,not in the sled. The sled may be buried and then what?

Premium Features