• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

avy class?? just a thought

P
Its just a thought but a lot of other places are having avy classes in minnesota and in Iowa etc. I personally have never gotten to the mountains, but plan on doing so in the near future if not this year then next year for sure, (graduate college in may and money's kinda tight)and would like to take a class before I go, but my thinking is this... If there are enough people who would be interested in coming to sioux falls I would be very interested in trying to get a class set up. from the looks of it we would need approximately 25-35 people who would be interested in coming to sioux falls for the class. Our local club meets on thursday night and I think that I will mention something at the meeting if anyone else is interested. So.... any thoughts??

F
Feb 7, 2003
MN
i'd be interested if it was on a weekend. i couldn't make it to the mn one cause of the 3 hour drive. s falls is much closer & easier. i may be able to get a few other peeps interested as well...

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Last fall, at the SDSA convention (in Aberdeen) there was a seminar.
It was great! Needed to be promoted better though.

Anyway, I wouldn't doubt that they will do that again in Nov at the convention in Huron.

I'll certainly post when it gets closer if they do have it again.
I can't believe they wouldn't since everyone who attended was very impressed.

S

slednutz

Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone, MN
www.theslednutz.com
As long as I don't have class I would be in a friday night or a weekend would work best for me i'm also in college but I would be in if you can get it for the right time i'm in mankato so like I said the weekend would be the best

O
Nov 27, 2007
vermillion, sd
I am originally from the Sioux Falls area and if you up a flyer at the local bike shops (motoplex, interlakes, jaycox) and such you could easily get that many people. Hell I bet one of the shops (namely motoplex would like to sponosor it or would find people to help sponsor it. Let us updated I would love to go.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Just Got This Info Today

On March 8th, an avalanche safety awareness class will be held in Miller SD
in conjunction with a poker run to benefit the families of Dale Wagner (avy victim)
and Dustin Hass (farm accident victim)

There you go!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
in conjunction with a poker run to benefit the families of Dale Wagner (avy victim)

There you go!

Sweet 20 minutes from me.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

There you go!

2 Weeks from today.

Be there!

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Damnit I think I got a league pool tournament that day. Not sure if I'll be playing anyways though, might not have enough playing time in.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Shoot! My wife already has me booked to be out of town that day. Really want to get to an Avy class. She had me booked during the convention too! She must have some kind of intuition!

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
will they have any snow to ride in for that poker run? sounds like a good day though, avalanche safety class and poker run. I would be interested if anyone from the area could let us know how the snow is

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
will they have any snow to ride in for that poker run? sounds like a good day though, avalanche safety class and poker run. I would be interested if anyone from the area could let us know how the snow is

No snow right now....tomarrow may change things.

Premium Features