• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aug 1 2011 still sledding in the Kootenays of British Columbia

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
K

KrazyCanadian

wow, blue bird sky's and fresh snow........oops, fresh snow was ALL melted, and most of the snowpack too.... over 2 ft melted in one week, last weeks epic fresh snow July ride was only a memory... but ALL the snow didn't melt and the north bowls were still great, even KRAZIER, the chutes we climbed in the very firm Aug snowpack were awesome... Tandy. Hoodicoff, AMY, Brad, Justin and myself had a blast, Darrin and Casey, well, not as much fun as us... If we can get a blast of winter this sept, I might get to ride all 12 months this 2011 yr....

Krazy Canadian Adventures 4 is done and ready to go to duplication, but now we got another 90 mins of footage to go thru and complete one last segment,,, still planning to have copies for sale Aug 19 at the Prince George KCA Pure Adrenaline party.

August 1st 2011

Krazy B.C. Day August 1st 2011

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I am surprised your allowed up there in the summer. Your not permitted to go above the treeline with a motorized vehicle in alot of areas of BC in the spring, summer, and fall months, you guys better check the hunting regulations they show all the resticted areas.

Also would take those pictures off of here so the greenies dont have proof ur rippin up Cariboo habitat, just a thought. I can just imagine what the papers would read, "local sledders damaging fragile ecosystem's due to riding their SNOWmachines in August where there is hardly any snow" good job Krazy Canadian, ur just Krazy.

Those areas might also be Guide and Outfitters hunting areas, god forbid that they mistake you for a new trophy that they can stuff and hang on the wall.

Responsible Sledders are few and far between.

Last edited:
Wow, I am surprised your allowed up there in the summer. Your not permitted to go above the treeline with a motorized vehicle in alot of areas of BC in the spring, summer, and fall months, you guys better check the hunting regulations they show all the resticted areas.

Also would take those pictures off of here so the greenies dont have proof ur rippin up Cariboo habitat, just a thought. I can just imagine what the papers would read, "local sledders damaging fragile ecosystem's due to riding their SNOWmachines in August where there is hardly any snow" good job Krazy Canadian, ur just Krazy.

Those areas might also be Guide and Outfitters hunting areas, god forbid that they mistake you for a new trophy that they can stuff and hang on the wall.

Mining road goes right to the alpine, ride more dirt in March, than we did on Aug 1. Absolutly no signage in the area restricting motorized vehicals, ATV's and Motorcyles ride this area all summer for over a decade now.. Also no carabou in this range, or Grizzleys but lots of DOG shet. It's a snowcat skiing area and if you've ever seen how much hydrolic fluid leeked each day by a snowcat you'd be amazed.. over 15 yrs of snowcat skiing in this area they've done 1000 x's more dammage than we did , sledding for 3 hrs in aug.

sorry for your dissapointment, the puddle we crossed had no stream in or out. just a melt water hole that dissapears in dryer warmer summers..

Ok Dan...I think its time to lower the $$ price of that sled! lol

Hmmm, sled never roled once this yr, nor has any damage and looks as clean and mint as a new sled.... is being sold with new sliders, carbides on the skiis and new pistons.. need to replace piston each yr with these 2 stroke turbos just to be safe.. plus a yr of warrenty... it's all good,,, $30000 into this sled, and if someone we're to offer $22,000 bet it'll be gone...

love u Ken, when u coming sledding in the Norns with us again???
and r u coming to the premiere in Castlegar late Sept 2011 at the Element nite club and grill?

Great news......... as a bluray extra on KCA4 Pure Adrenaline, you'll get the full length. KCA 3 Leave your sanity at home. as well as another 15 min of cool extras... you want pure turbo sled noise... you'll also get that... one amazing extra, with no misic and pure Twisted turbo noise... or what ever you want to call it... This new flick IS Guarenteed to please.. get it YOU WON'T REGRET IT!! We've MAXED OUT THE dvd'S capacity, so the KCA 3 extra will not appear on dvd just the 15 min of extras,, dvd quality on a 1080 TV is almost bluray quality. but to get the full HD 1080 experience you need to go BLURAY and again you won't regret it... OFF to duplication, pre-orders at www.krazycanadian.com

should be shipping in 2 weeks

ill agree with ya, it does LOOK bad....however dan hit the nail on the head with his last post directed at you.....he did forget to mention the mtn bikers, dirtbikers, and quaders up there doing damage up there as well. however, im pretty sure the miners and loggers are doing/did much more damage then all of the sports combined.

Just because there are boneheads thrashing areas doing other activities doesnt make it right for sledders to thrash areas too. It just hurts the sport of sledding.

Dan you better check the hunting regulations like I said in my original post, because they do not post signs telling you that an area is closed to motor vehicles. They close areas every year and change the restrictions, and if a Conservation Officer catches you in a restricted area, he wont buy the argument that there is no sign. It's your responsibility to know the closed areas, and they are in the hunting regulations that are updated every year and are available at every sporting goods store. Just trying to pass valuble info to you, that could save you from losing your sleds and vehicles. Cause they will impound your sleds and trucks, if your caught.

I know this because I was busted cruising on a road that went above the tree line that had been shut down to motor vehicles. I wasnt thrashing the area just riding along some animal trails in an area that looked exactly like the terrain in your pics. Long story short, on my way out I was stopped by a CO they impounded my truck and dirt bike I had to pay $2500 in fines and over 2 grand in impound fees.

Last edited:
I checked with Parks BC, and there is a restricted area that starts at the bottom of a draw on the other side of the mountain we were on. Like Dan said, we drove right to the Alpine on a well maintained road, and parked right on the snowline. Rode more dirt in May.

I completely agree with you... One inconsiderate sledder can ruin it for everyone.

Premium Features

Back