• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

attitude fuel box questions

Dyi turbo kit have it running now was wondering what a base line setting would be good to start with.
M7 800 speedwerx BB
Speedwerx y pipe and pipe
2860 GARRETT turbo @7 psi
39 psi at idle fuel pressure
1:1 rising rate regulator

Thanx

what is your riding altitude

try green=2
yellow=2
red =.5
turbo boost at 5
and fuel add on at 7.5that's a little rich across the board

mine are g=15-2.5 depending on alt.
y=1.5
r=.5
boost @4.5
switch point @7.5

Without knowing what the base program is in the box there is absolutely no way to give you any suggestions on what numbers to use. Whether or not you have secondary injectors will also make a big difference. The last three modes can be programmed to do totally different things, depending on who set up the base program. G/B could be primary injectors boost fuel, secondary injectors fuel, switch point, etc. The same for Y/B and R/B. The amount of fuel each mode is capable of adding is also completely dependent on who programmed it. For example, the green mode may be capable of adding 0-15% fuel or it could be capable of adding 10-40% fuel. The same goes for every other mode. You can't reliably compare numbers unless you know both fuel controllers are using the same base program.

Without knowing what the base program is in the box there is absolutely no way to give you any suggestions on what numbers to use. Whether or not you have secondary injectors will also make a big difference. The last three modes can be programmed to do totally different things, depending on who set up the base program. G/B could be primary injectors boost fuel, secondary injectors fuel, switch point, etc. The same for Y/B and R/B. The amount of fuel each mode is capable of adding is also completely dependent on who programmed it. For example, the green mode may be capable of adding 0-15% fuel or it could be capable of adding 10-40% fuel. The same goes for every other mode. You can't reliably compare numbers unless you know both fuel controllers are using the same base program.

Best info on this thread. ^^^^

I told Derek what i had for a setup and he sent me out a secondary injector box but shut the secondary cycle off on it. He said if in the future if i wanna run secondary injectors all I have to do is send the box back to him and he can reprogram it to run them as well. Is that what you were asking??? Thanx

He didnt ask me what program I had.

He asked me what my settings were.

I will try urs av8er itll be a starting point and go from there. I got pure 100LL in it this tank til i get her dialed in. Do they come with instructions for which zone each color controls?? Thanx

Can't stress enough that just because you have a attitude box doesn't mean that Shaine didn't make his own settings. I've ran across 3 different base programs on twisted m8s. Some have yellow blue some don't. Some the colors for switch point are different. Hell i got numbers straight from Shaine himself and they were WAY off!! Don't take anyone's numbers and think you will be perfect. Just start rich and work your way down. Don't be afraid to move your fuel pressure around a little. Anywhere between 38-42 at idle. Some sleds 40 is to much sometimes it's not enough. Dobec boxes greatest weakness is it's inability to take fuel away from the stock ECM. So to get what you want you have to take fuel pressure away and use the attitude box to adjust up.

Saw this post and decided to play with my numbers a little. Cutler stage 2 10 lbs, fuel pressure 38 at idle, straight 100ll, 2860 turbo. Always been set up a little fat. My #s were:

green-3, yellow-3, red-3, red/blue-5, green/blue-4
went to:
green-3, yellow-2, red-.5, red/blue-7.5, green/blue-4.5
These #s woke my sled right up, throttle response was greatly improved and overall ran much better. Mid range afr #s were good, but with our low snow conditions, staring at the gauge at wide open was impossible--so I went to 5 on the green/blue light just to be safe. This change definitely made it feel a little fatter, but until we get enough snow to be able to verify my wfo numbers, I'll leave it there. I'll update my findings.

Finally got some snow and here's the update. #s set at:
gr--3, y--2, red--.5, g/b--5, r/b--7.5

Great throttle response with these #s, mid range afr 13.5-14.2, wot 12.3.
Dropped the g/b to 4.5 and afr's went to 13.0-13.1. My sled and set up needs 5 on the boost light. I think moving the r/b light to 7.5 is why my throttle response improved so much. Before, with my r/b light at 5, just cruising around would engage the red circuit. Hopefully this will help someone, somewhere.

M- Head

What altitude are you running those numers at, they are very close to mine, but I change the green depending on altitude at 4000 i have a 3 green, at 6000 it's more like a 2.0 green, at 7000 my boost fuel is 4.5-5, at 5000 it's a 4.0-4.5, and yellow is left at 1.5 always

AV8ER

I run 4-7000ft. Those #s seem to work really well. I had my green on 3, and figured I'd go down if it felt fat--but never did. I mainly was focusing on the wot. I played with the yellow by dropping from 2 to 1.5 and started getting a flat spot when popping the throttle, so went back to 2. I will play with the green light next trip out. Thanks for posting those numbers--made my sled much more responsive.

I will try urs av8er itll be a starting point and go from there. I got pure 100LL in it this tank til i get her dialed in. Do they come with instructions for which zone each color controls?? Thanx

how have you made out with tuning, haven't had much snow to really get any kind of enjoyable riding down south. Any snow we have is hard as a rock.

Premium Features

Back