• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault bar risers/mountain bars

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
looking for recommendations for good risers (2-4") and mountain bars for my Assault. How much rise will my cables allow for ?? thanks much

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
Brake line and electrical are close to maxed out at a 3" rise with the pro-taper bars. Ran an RSI 3" angled riser with the pro-taper bars on my D8 last year and it worked great.

S
Nov 27, 2007
SK
RSI got my vote too. Running a 3" riser and no issues. The RSI risers use a larger bolt size to secure the riser to the steering post. You'll have to do a bit of drilling to mount them up.

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
so you think the angled RSI risers are the way to go?? not the dual pivoting?

how about RSI's mountain bar?? theyre a pretty fair price over the Polaris bar....

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
IMO, the RSI risers are the way to go. I have used dual pivot risers in the past, and I have had them slip multiple times on hard landings..

X2. And on the assaults and 09 / 10 d8's you would need to buy a pivot adaptor for the post to run the dual pivot style.

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
I have 3 RSI pivot riser slips on the pivot post apapter i love it except its slips
anyone figure a way to make these things no slip back or forward its killing me and anoying when im jumping ??

Never had that issue with mine. Try blue locktite, I have used it on all different types of riser bolts and it works good.

I went with a 4" block riser and took out the 1" riser that is already installed. Brake cable was tight when turning fully left. I took a piece of clear plastic tubing and split it along the length and zip-tyed it around the metal supports to keep the cables from rubbing. Worked awesome.

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
do I HAVE to remove the small 1" riser that exists. If so then a 3" riser will only equate to a 2" rise after that 1" stocker comes out....??

Premium Features