• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault 2012 Track

P
Nov 22, 2011
I am going to be swapping my comp track out at the end of this season for something softer, if anyone wants to buy let me know. What I want to run is a 3in pitch CE track, I saw that they don't offer it in a 155 only a 153 for the cat. Can I do something to mod my rails for a 153 or am I stuck with running a 2.86 pitch. Also when you guys run a 2.5in track to you roll down the chaincase for clearence? I noticed that it only leaves about .25in or slightly more of clearence if you leave it stock. I like it that the assault is more wheelie proned and didn't want to move it.

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
track clearance

I had the peak 2.5 2.86 all year on my assault and had no issues.

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Why not just go buy a 155" 2.86 pitch Series 5.1 track? They are a great track, maybe the best for deep, deep snow.

Other wise yes, a 2.5" Camo Extreme track will fit the Assault, I know a guy who has this. The Camo Extreme is a excellent track.

The Peak track has a stiffer lug, more for turbo applications. Lugs are reinforced to prevent the lugs from folding over, like often happens in turbo applications. I know a couple guys running these on turbo Nytros. If you ride varied terrain and more set up snow this track might be an excellent choice too. Wouldn't be my first choice tho for bottomless powder.

P
Nov 22, 2011
I wanted a 3in pitch to lose some track weight, I thought it might perform better then the 2.86 track. I do like the 5.1 track, had one on my dragon, they are just soft and only seem really good in deep snow applications. Seems like my cheaper option is to just get a take off though.

Premium Features