• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arrived in Alaska

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
After 60 hours of driving and only one flat tire on the trailer i made it from minnesota. Earlier this spring I asked about moving up here on this forum, thanks for everyone that responded to help me out. We chose wasilla and so far really like it. Just sorta looking for a job now. It sure is good to see snow in the mountains! Anybody interested in showing a new kid around the mountains when it snows?

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
welcome...from another fellow who lives in Wasilla. (Im the only cool one though) You can now refer to yourself and family as "Valley Trash"

I would be happy to show you around as well, but since there is so many of us...

We should have a VALLEY TRASH RIDE. All of us trash should ride together at least once this year!

We can form a new club...Valley Trash Riders Union...ha ha ha...that sounds stupid enough to be real.

Seriously though, we should all get together and ride.

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Thanks guys, It would be fun to get together and ride with some locals. When talking to people around here about job searching, as soon as I say Im an heavy equipment operator they say go to the slope. Curious if any of you work on the slope or know people that do. Sounds like a hard 2 weeks and then 2 weeks of enjoyment. Any info would help, Thanks:D

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We should have a VALLEY TRASH RIDE. All of us trash should ride together at least once this year!

We can form a new club...Valley Trash Riders Union...ha ha ha...that sounds stupid enough to be real.

Good idea C-Bolt, consider me a card carrying VT union member. I always have at least one old hot rod up on "blocks" in my shop. ;)

By the way Welcome to Alaska....After 20 years of military travel, I have rode sleds all over (started on a Kitty cat) and have never found a better place to ride than Alaska. When your 20 miles off road pounding powder all the way on breathtaking mountains, and you didn't use one groomed trail to get there....its awesome.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
welcome...from another fellow who lives in Wasilla. (Im the only cool one though) You can now refer to yourself and family as "Valley Trash"

I would be happy to show you around as well, but since there is so many of us...

Seriously though, we should all get together and ride.

Best idea ive heard in a while......count me in if im not working:D

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Thanks guys, It would be fun to get together and ride with some locals. When talking to people around here about job searching, as soon as I say Im an heavy equipment operator they say go to the slope. Curious if any of you work on the slope or know people that do. Sounds like a hard 2 weeks and then 2 weeks of enjoyment. Any info would help, Thanks:D

I work with ASRC on the slope in Kuparuk....here now in fact...ive PM'd you!!!:D

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
After 60 hours of driving and only one flat tire on the trailer i made it from minnesota. Earlier this spring I asked about moving up here on this forum, thanks for everyone that responded to help me out. We chose wasilla and so far really like it. Just sorta looking for a job now. It sure is good to see snow in the mountains! Anybody interested in showing a new kid around the mountains when it snows?

The wife and I are leaving PA next Wednesday the 8th for the Anchorage area. We are renting a vacation home on the outskirts of town for a month or two.. Glad to see you made it ok and like it in Wassilla.. We looked at Wassilla but it's just a wee bit to far from Anchorage for us.. I'' shoot you a pm when we get there and the snow flies.. We can get lost together.. :rolleyes:

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hey Varmit, I was wondering about you! Figured you should be showing up anytime. You will like the move I am sure. Enjoy the drive up. Should be beautiful, just watch the black ice and the critters. Keep a camera handy!
Tim

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, it looks like we are now officially valley trash as well.. Moving into a house in Wassilla this week! I am so pumped... 15 minutes from Hatchers Pass..

Now, if only someone could show me how to get there.. :face-icon-small-dis

BWA HA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA HA

Premium Features