• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arggh!!! RIfles Stolen...and it is Hunting season!!!

M

MTdream

Just moved to Billings Montana...and stuff sitting in garage...Neighbors were out of town....neighbors kids had a party...woke up the next morning to start cleaning garage...

4 rifles stolen...(yes a discouragin word was spoken)

Tikka WhiteTail Hunter- Stainless, Gray Laminate Stock, Chambered in .300 Win Mag., Muzzle Brake, Scope was Zeiss Conquest 3-9x44 (Silver/Stainless), Limbsaver recoil pad on stock, Butler Creek Magnum Shoulder strap, Serial Number turned in to Sheriff

Bushmaster Varmint Special Stainless- Chambered in .223, scoped with Leupold 3-9x40 Mark AR scope, serial number provided to Sheriff

Ruger M77 Blued w/ Walnut Stock- Chambered in .280, Scope- Zeiss Conquest 3-9 x 50 black, Crown of barrel has small chip out of it, Butler Creek Shoulder Strap...this one is the least valuable but very special...friend who has since passed gave me a phenomenal deal on this...sentimental value far outweighs actual value

Remington 700 Classic Blued Walnut Stock- Chambered in 7mm Rem. Mag, Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope...Front iron site removed, Butler Creek Shoulder Strap...

It is a long shot, but thought I would post...Posting this on several forums...Appreciate any sightings or hints...shoot me a note...

Sucks to hear they were stolen. As posted before definitely give the neighbor's a visit. Make sure you report them stolen also in case they are used in an illegal manor to save your a$$. Good luck with the search.

Yep report them stolen, check the pawn shops in town and the towns around for them and go have a talk with neighbors. I would talk with the kid first. Tell them that you knew they had a party over there and that you had some stuff missing.
If you just want you stuff back worse then seeing one of them pay for taking them, maybe even tell them that if they get them back by Friday you wont press charges. Just have the neighbor kid drop them off. And mention that the next person who tries that will get to check out your pistol, loud end first.

Chances are, if it was a drunk bunch of dumb kids they just went in and took them. Fingerprints should be everywhere if you didn't mess with the scene too much. Good luck. Also kids tend to fall for scare tactics easily so make sure the cops "hint" that they found evindence of who broke in and that stealing weapons is a felony and that they suggested to the DA that he/she reccomend the maximum punishment. Works quite well.

I have a wife that is a cop and my good friend is a cop and in the small community where we live, most of the thefts are committed by teenagers and they use this tactic alot and always get the kid/s.

Good luck

Premium Features

Back