• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arcticman/Summit

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
I haven't ridden Summit in a few weeks, but I drove through this weekend heading to Valdez to help some friends at the Mayor's Cup. The overall snow level isn't bad. The problem is there hasn't been any fresh snow for a couple of weeks and what’s on the ground is very windblown.

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
I was at Summit two weekends ago and it was.............terrible. Worst snow I have ever seen there. Rocks showing everywhere. The wind tore that place apart. They need some snow BAD before A-Man....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys...:face-icon-small-sad

B
Nov 19, 2010
Summit

We went last weekend 3-19-11, very wind blown, nothing to have fun on from the road to the tit. However you can find some nice snow for hill climbing in the valleys. I've never gone over the handle bars so many times in my life do to the sparatic crust. We had a great time sat and some good hill climbing in the powder, you just had to find it. Not sure what will be left by ArcticMan. Was dirt at all the ridges and peaks. Heading to Cantwell this weekend.

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
Unfortunately the weather forecast isn't looking good either. No snow forecast for the next 10 days.:face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features