• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat TT M1000 A/F Ratio Gauges

K

kkhaos

I checked the compression before I replaced the pistons for maintenance. The compression was with in 3 lbs of each other and about the same as it was new. But 1300 miles I thought why not replace them.
This is what I found. The other one was fine. (like New) 9Replaced both) This in the Mag side. Can see by the wash its a little lean. The chunk is missing in front of the exhaust port.
Twisted Turbo
10lbs boost
110 & 91 no oxy 50/50. Going to 60/40
A/F 11.5-12 wfo

But which gauge do you go by? There both new with 1 ride on them.
Makes me wounder... I could see a couple 10s but seems way to far off for new.

What do you think caused the chunk to break out between the rings?

PISTON.jpg Twisted Turbo.jpg

That piston doesn't look lean to me it is washed clean. is there any sign of the ring catching the exhaust hole.

Detonation busts up ring lands. Running lean melts the top of you piston usually the crown by the exhaust port, lean and deto can burn a hole through your piston sometime right in the middle.

As far as tuning with afr goes, The quick and dirty method I sometimes use is to ad fuel at the wide open area until you get a bog happening, than tune for .4 or .5 leaner.

Bogs at 11.7 tune for 12.2 not to say this is a good way to do it but it works for me. Make sure you have fresh spark plugs in and you sled is running well when you do this.

Last edited:
you had better have a look at your turbo I bet your looking for a new center section. it is washed clean but 50/50 for 10 pounds on this machine is stretching it for sure . I ran 8lbs at 50/50. I'm now a converted av gasser and love the consistancy

Turbin

I was thinking it was fine because it ran perfect all weekend. I was doing pistons as maintenance because of all the miles.
But Here a picture. Looks good to me.

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

you may have got really lucky but look inside, the damage will be on the other side of the turbine

Premium Features

Back