• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Proclimb Clutching 101 (Belt issues)

for deflection i just go until it starts squeeling at idle slightly then back off by the thinnest shim. Works for me.

I'm trying to figure out what the best approach to take with my 2000' elevation 12 800XF snopro to high country conversion. It's 100% stock right now (42/40 helix, 22/48 gears, yellow/white primary and 73.5 g weights).

I have the 2.25 powerclaw and a 19t top gear to put in. A lot of guys just say to add the 75 gram weights to the High country but the HC has a 36 helix. I haven't really had any complaints with the stock setup (w/1.6 cobra) except for maybe too high of an engagement. Would going to a 77-78 gram weight be good or bad? What's the next lower spring to bump the engagement down a couple hundred RPM? I don't mind going cat parts and i'm not a tuner. I'm looking for a set it and forget it setup. Mostly off trail east coast chutes and trees but a decent amount of trail too.

S
Dec 24, 2011
for deflection i just go until it starts squeeling at idle slightly then back off by the thinnest shim. Works for me.

I'm trying to figure out what the best approach to take with my 2000' elevation 12 800XF snopro to high country conversion. It's 100% stock right now (42/40 helix, 22/48 gears, yellow/white primary and 73.5 g weights).

I have the 2.25 powerclaw and a 19t top gear to put in. A lot of guys just say to add the 75 gram weights to the High country but the HC has a 36 helix. I haven't really had any complaints with the stock setup (w/1.6 cobra) except for maybe too high of an engagement. Would going to a 77-78 gram weight be good or bad? What's the next lower spring to bump the engagement down a couple hundred RPM? I don't mind going cat parts and i'm not a tuner. I'm looking for a set it and forget it setup. Mostly off trail east coast chutes and trees but a decent amount of trail too.

i have dynod my xf 2012 and it peaked rpm at 8200, 73,5gram was 2 light for me and i think 75 grams is the right one for you. i drive at sealevel 0-600meters.

Reactions: splat10
B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
Eric, what spring do you like best with MDS weights on 800 PC?

I like the Dalton Aqua/Black.

At what elevation? I'm only running that 110-290 spring below 3k' and using the 42/40 helix with it. Not the right setup for the mountains tho.. For up high steve recommended the 120-340 or 100-340 using the stock straight 36. What rate is that dalton?

I'd love to try every kind of spring n helix out there but at 100 bucks a pop its not gonna happen. I'm just goin by what i hear from steve n a few others on SW, buying only what's recommended and hoping for the best. That low-elevation setup works sweet, I can play in the pow holdin it to the bar all day, never blow a belt. I'm not even sure on top speed, my lake racin, trail burnin days are over

I'd also recommend the dummy clutch tool for changing out weights n springs on these, checking binding, etc. Super easy to use, inexpensive and SAFE! no more pinching fingertips off

Last edited:
i have dynod my xf 2012 and it peaked rpm at 8200, 73,5gram was 2 light for me and i think 75 grams is the right one for you. i drive at sealevel 0-600meters.

what about primary spring? Should i look at dropping to the green (i think i read that is the one to lower engagement). It seems the yellow white kicks in too hard for off trail / mountain riding

J
Feb 27, 2011
new alignment bar I just got from One Stop Performance for the 1100T. Works awesome...how are you moving the motor around to correct C to C and parallelism???

IMG_20131205_165331_235.jpg IMG_20131205_165345_466.jpg

Premium Features