• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex

Most people I know have built their own. That's what I did. You cut it where the exhaust crosses over and weld a single pipe making it a four into one. Then add a muffler. I've seen a lot of Cherry Bombs and GlassPacks, but they aren't very quiet.

I used a muffler from a Suzuki 1300 Hayabusa and it's very quiet. There's more track and air intake noise than there is exhaust noise. I sometimes use it for moose and caribou hunting and wanted a sled that wouldn't let every animal in the valley know that I'm coming over the mountain. All of the research that I did online said that the factory motorcycle exhausts were the quietest and even the quietest aftermarket mufflers are louder.

If you don't weld or do any fabrication, a muffler or welding shop should be able to do this for you. I had a sheet metal shop make up a cover to enclose the top of the tunnel. It cost me about $100 to have that made and it works like a charm.

I think the muffler cost around $50 on ebay and I did the welding and cutting myself. So I have about $150 into it.

I don't know if I gained or lost horsepower with this mod, but like you, I wanted quiet and it works well.

Cool pictures I am looking for the same thing. I had a old Yoshimura RS5 carbon that was never loud to me but it made my ears buzz when I stopped riding. Really weird. I bought the silencer insert for it and it was perfect!...for 100 miles then I blew a hole in the top of it because of all the extra back pressure it created. It was the old yoshi with the trapezoidal outlet they now changed to a round one which I think would be more durable.

I'm thinking of trying a RS3 they are longer and quieter then any aftermarket light weight pipe.

The stock OEM pipe is a good idea is it heavy?

I never weighed it. It's not feather light but it's lighter than the exhaust I took off. I think it was a Bender exhaust that was on there when I bought it and it was annoyingly loud. Lighter than the stock exhaust but I didn't like the noise and wanted to use my tunnel extension for fuel and cargo without burning a hole in it.

I also got rid of the stock seat with the under tunnel and replaced it with a SkiDoo XP seat. Even with the frame, it's about a quarter of the weight of the factory seat. I'm 6'5", so having the seat jacked up is pretty nice.

Premium Features

Back