• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex is done, custom paint

B

blackhillsnytro

I think its ready to go, just need snow now! Painted myself, all House of Kolor solids and candys. Added the prologger and a handful of other goodies while it was apart.

paint006-1.jpg

paint008-1.jpg

paint013-1.jpg

paint016-1.jpg

paint023-1.jpg

Front Suspension

What you got going on there? Does the nytro suspension bolt up or did you custom build some arms to work with the nytro spindle? Looks like it would cut some weight!

Paint looks sick as well.

The previous owner made his own jig and built his owns a-arms. The spindles are off a Phazer. I think he said it saved somewhere between 10-13 pounds over stock, and seems like it has a sharper turning radius

Yeah the blue sliders are gone this week. I am doing new drivers as well so thought it would be a good time to get rid of the last bit of blue.

WELL DONE ON THE PAINT! Not sure on your experience with them but I'm not a fan of those vent panels... At least, not the way the instructions said to install them. You cut out so much of the plastic that the panels lost a lot of their structural integrity and I had a lot of bad flex in the panels when banking hard in the snow/sidehilling. I'd reccommend just using a holesaw to punch holes in the top and side of the panel then cover those with the mesh panels. That way you can heat that dreaded heat out and still maintain some stronger panels.

Just my .02 Very nice sled though!

Premium Features

Back