• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone using the GNARPRO with their GoPro????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just heard back from GnarPro...
Looks like we found ourselves a new startup company that actually IS interested in the end user.! :)

Regarding the GoPro 8/9 functionality, we've been hard at work in developing a solution to support the newer generations of GoPro. During our development, we've found that there are several communication protocol differences in all of the GoPro's, so this makes supporting each one more difficult, but not impossible. We're a small startup with 3 team members, so we're working through these updates as quickly as we can! We are launching a new phone app (aiming for this month on the Android and iOS app stores). This phone app will allow us to update firmware in the field. The system you've purchased already has the handshake to make software updates. However, until we have the app released into the app stores, we may have to ship out a replacement brain box if there are issues in flashing in the updates to support the new GoPro cameras.

We also plan to support more action cameras outside of GoPro moving forward, and having the ability to update software in the field will be a key advantage for GnarPro. I don't have a release date ready for the GoPro 8 and 9 support, but we have these cameras in our fleet and are just as eager to get support for these cameras. This is my top priority as I also handle the software support.
I will follow up once we have support for the GoPro 8 and 9 ready to flash out, and we can work out how to get you this update as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, I will personally refund you for the GnarPro cost and shipping cost while we work to make this right.

Thank you for reaching out and we look forward to getting you in a position to capture the gnar!
Josh Kyburz | CEO

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
View attachment 367167

Well, there I was.
Took the day off from sledding
Tore down the sled to get this wired in only to find out that it is NOT COMPATIBLE with GoPro 8 nor GoPro 9

Its right there in small print at the bottom of the checkout screen, right where I never saw it.
DAMN!

Currently supports HERO3® - HERO7®.
Support of HERO8® & HERO9® coming soon!
Want to use my 7 until you/they figure things out ???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey Christopher,
Thanks for the follow up, and thank you for the awesome comment on that thread! As an additional update, I am making some progress on the GoPro 8/9 connectivity and hope to test before our trip out to Cooke City next week. Once we can get through the GoPro support and app release, we're going to dive hard into v2 development and would love to get the prototypes in your hands later this year for some evaluation feedback if you're interested!

We'll keep you updated on the software release status, let me know if you're interested in getting involved with our pilot program!
Josh Kyburz | CEO

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Hey Christopher,
Thanks for the follow up, and thank you for the awesome comment on that thread! As an additional update, I am making some progress on the GoPro 8/9 connectivity and hope to test before our trip out to Cooke City next week. Once we can get through the GoPro support and app release, we're going to dive hard into v2 development and would love to get the prototypes in your hands later this year for some evaluation feedback if you're interested!

We'll keep you updated on the software release status, let me know if you're interested in getting involved with our pilot program!
Josh Kyburz | CEO

In its current state - will it work with the MAX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Hey Christopher,

Josh Kyburz | CEO
I think it's great what Josh and his team are doing!

On a different note, Chris has you realized you can utilize voice commands for your gopro? Just recently I've been playing with the functions and they're extremely handy! I leave the camera on and just use the voice commands instead of trying to get a glove off to push buttons in the snow. You can also leave the GP in a "wake on voice" mode and can turn it on/off just by saying to.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think it's great what Josh and his team are doing!

On a different note, Chris has you realized you can utilize voice commands for your gopro? Just recently I've been playing with the functions and they're extremely handy! I leave the camera on and just use the voice commands instead of trying to get a glove off to push buttons in the snow. You can also leave the GP in a "wake on voice" mode and can turn it on/off just by saying to.
Assuming this only works at standstill with the engine OFF???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just got a note from GnarLab that they have a new version coming out that will support the newest GoPros..

Hope to see one show up here soon now.

Premium Features