• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone used a trail tank with an MCX Trubo on a Nytro?

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
Are there any issues with the oil lines running under the trail tank, or fitment issues with the turbo kit???
Found this one out the old fashion way,,,got on the phone to Mark in Butte and yes they work fine with the MCX turbo's for anyone thinking of getting one. Great news. Now I can just keep riding that much longer on one of those "horrible 4cycle Nytro's" that last forever without breaking the first 1500 miles..yesssssssss

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Yes I have one and there's no probs with the oil lines etc, spend some time getting the tank as far forward as you can and fit the hood as you go
I can only get 2 of the thumb screws in on mine but I don't care, they are too big a PITA to get off, oh and put a little lube on the thumb screw threads so they don't corrode

Reactions: TNytro162
J

JDen

Feb 9, 2009
Neilburg, Sk.
Turbo trailtank

I had a trailtank put on my 2010 270 mcx nytro when it was built, and the brought one home with me when I picked the sled up for a buddy to put on his. Making them fit right is an absolute gong show, but, who else can ride 110+ km on a boosted sled without carrying fuel?!

Reactions: christopher
J

JDen

Feb 9, 2009
Neilburg, Sk.
The main problem with mine is whenever I take the ank off for anything, it's really hard to get lined back up to get the 2 holes in the bottom of the tank to go over the studs on the front of the tunnel. Then when I finally do get it on there its had to get everything lined up so the hood, side panels, and the seat all fit right. I am still really glad I have the tank, it was a great investment. Hopefully over the summer I can figure out some way to make things line up better.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am still really glad I have the tank, it was a great investment. Hopefully over the summer I can figure out some way to make things line up better.
Keep us in the loop!
I plan on adding one to my sled this summer as well when the Super Charger goes on.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Try loosening up the upper steering frame and lift the assembly up and then tighten the bolts, there is a bit of room to be had there and it helps
The other thing is I don't think they are all the same, there are some slight differences in sleds as well so some will fit better than others

D
Jan 12, 2009
yorkton sask
get the tank forward as much as possible my boost slut loves her fuel but without it id be screwed i can out run most stock sleds when your riding and im boosted so its well worththe money but a pain in the *** i had to oval out my holes on my hood to make them fit nicely dont wanna take it off in a rush. and make sure you get the metal washer peices on the back cause loosin them thumb screws in the snow sucks

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
The new trail tanks have a cut out at the top that now fits under the existing rail. You still have to loosen those bolts that were mentioned earlier but the new tanks do fit better than the old, although it still takes a bit of muscle to get it back on............Sherm

Premium Features