• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone try this before?

R
Nov 13, 2010
hey- new to the snow hawk world but I am far from new to modding stuff. HAHA! anyways I have been on race sleds sense pretty much day one and love them on the trail. Right now I have a 07 mxzx 440 and also a 2010 600rs mod. New to the collection is a 2003 503 hawk. I have been doing some reading on here and so far I came up with I need a bigger tank (has the stock 4 gallon), should put a cat secondary on it and also it has the HUGE stock ski still on it. Those are the three things that I feel need to be done. Is there anything else that I should do????????? Anyways, the question is................. Has anyone put a C&A pro ski on the front of one of these. Coming from having so many race sleds I just happen to have a single C&A pro ski sitting in the corner. My dad is a machinist and I know I could get it to work one way or another. What do you guys think?

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Too my knowledge nobody has tried the C&A Pro. Your gonna need some kind of outter edge ( we call the snow trackers) to grab in the corners so the ski doesnt wash out on you. Give it a try, its gotta be better than the original banana boat. I'm sure there are some picks of the simmons flexi ski with snow trackers on here. If not send me a pm and I'll e-mail you some of mine. That will give you an idea of what I am talking about for "snow trackers"

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Don't even bother with the c&a. It will just wash out when you lean it over. If you are going to be riding trails the newest ad boivin ski with the snow trackers and twin axis works awesome on trails. If you don't ride the trails and mostly powder you can use a simmons ski. They make a setup for the hawk. If you really want to guys have been modding two skis to make one. Check out the other hawk forum BCR. More guys over there. garysengine.com may have a ad boivin ski.

G
Aug 18, 2009
Vermont
The most potential you'll get out of the 503 is in the clutching use a polaris p-85 off a mid 90's sled and a cat secondary. Your going to want to change that ski also the banana ski isnt very good so update to the new style like night and day difference. Theres a ton of things you can do its just in how much you want to spend. Also you looking into studding the track if so theres only one place i've found so far that makes studs long enough for these and im trying to get a bulk buy together to knock down the price per stud.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I'd start with the gas tank and the proper ski. Then if you fall in love with the Hawk, you can do a few more things for next season. A complete new ski assembly (Ski, Twin axis mount, polyurethane bushings, and snow trackers) is going to cost $500. Both Les from J&L Snowhawks and I have one in stock.

You should be able to find a used 9 gal tank for $200-225 from someone upgrading from a 9 gal to a 12 gal.

Bret

Premium Features