• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone running a avid chaincase with 3 " track on xp

Avid chaincase and 3" track

Call Dave at Rooster Built. 1 253 333 8533. He rode mine at Revy last weekend. Robbie Avid Products

xp with 3" 174

Got the welded lenghtened version of this chaincase from Curtis at tracks Canada. The guy built them for the fellow at Avid. I'll give you details of installation if You like. Does the stock xp have enough power to warrant this track? I don't know exactly how to say this other than the difference is unreal. Surprisingly I didn't even have to move the clickers even one notch-for the conditions I was in. [12"] of fresh snow. I had my clutching system dialed right in for My previous track- a 174 by 21/2" track. Was out with a couple of scuds [180-200hp rotax triples] in 440lb.specailty sled chassis running m-10 skids with 174 by 21/2" track. My stocker will out climb the 180hp pump gas sled and is within 3' this way or that of the 200hp race gas sled. Oh yes they go past Me at the base of the hill but when it gets steep and deep I tractor by. Not bad for what I guess My sled has for power 145-150hp maybe. I've always considered My sled a little on the gutless side.

What is everyone doing for tunnel extensions, I would be worried about cooling issues with that track length and snow contacting rear of heat exchanger? Thoughts, comments....

cooling issues??

Don't understand Your cooling concerns...It worked fine as a stock 163 -works the same now. For the tunnel extention just added 12"of the same gauge aluminum and broke a pair of tunnel reinforcements to go in each side. Butt welded extention - riveted tunnel supports.

I am in the process now, its a lot of layout work, I had to make patterns because the layout holes did not match my tunnel. Lots of tunnel cutting, clutch and chain case side, probably have 10 hours into it, still have to move skid holes which should be a lark after the front axle assembly. Here's a couple pics. as you can see its a nice product.
attachment.php

attachment.php

P3220001.JPG P3220002.JPG P3220003.JPG P3220005.JPG

Last edited:
The chaincase and bearing mount are the template, chain case just didnt quit line up, I'm sure the problems I had are fixed, one more thing, you do need to use Avid drivers to clear the left bearing mount. There's 2 more pages of pics here.
http://pict.com/album/4315/c458f999ab

Last edited:
Glad to help, I stuck with the 162" track. I have a 860 Sled Head Racing 860R and don't figure I need anything more than that. If I do it's turbo time.

Glad to help, I stuck with the 162" track. I have a 860 Sled Head Racing 860R and don't figure I need anything more than that. If I do it's turbo time.

off topic but what do ya think of the SHR 860

any feed back great. thanks

I can't say enough good about how well that engine performes, way over acheiver, it takes a lot of turbo to beat this thing, I do have a light weight chassies. Set up is right on, Best engine mod Ive ever run.

Premium Features

Back