• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone here ride in NH/ME/VT?

Hello all.

I've been riding for years, and the past 4 years all my riding has been outwest. I previously picked up a sled at the end of last season with hopes of modding it this summer. So it was news to me there were noise laws for pipes/cans for sleds. I had a SLP Single pipe and can on my RMK 800, I was hoping to do the same on my REV. is this going to be too loud? what are people running? do you really get hassles by the snopolice? Going to be riding in white mtns NH, and some trips to Pittsburn, and ME as well. any help would be great!

Adam

I live in NH and can tell you the noise police are everywhere.
In particular, the White mnt area and pittsburg..
Maine writes as many if not more..

stay quiet,,,, weeeer huntinnn wabbbit...

Gus

I am in Glen just north of north conway. I have actually only seen the snow police twice last season, I ran a loud mod 800 never had any problems, I replied in your other topic also but figured I would here. They mainly stick to registrations from what I have seen I do spend most of my time in the backcountry so only a few days of trail riding a year, I am deciding what to put on my new sled for next season and haven't decided yet

Dragon n' Gus..thanks..

Dragon--I'll be in that same area, I'm originally from Wolfeboro NH so i'll be riding around there a good amt on and off lake winny, but I also have a place in conway right underneath cathedrals ledge. Like i mention this is going to be my first winter w/ a sled, so i'm looking to bang around off the trail as much as possible. I haven't ridden a trail since i can remember, and not looking to burn up my rails or tear lugs. What kind of mods did you have to your 800(i have an 800 as well)? just a can, or full pipe? heads? I obvoisly would like a nice loud raspy sled, but I also dont want to get hassled. what do tickets cost? do they go against driving records, I'm assuming theres speed limits??
Do you find a lot of open backcountry spots in and around there, or do you tpycally trailer to your spots?

thanks in advance!

Adam

Premium Features

Back