• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody running a power commander 5 on their 800 dragon?

T

tahoermk

I am looking for first hand input about the PC 5 on 08 & 09 800 dragons. Seems like most of the info I can find, and I have been looking, is from riders in the mid west trying to cure the low elevation bog and stumble issues. I am not finding much from riders out here at all. Here is my situation.
My friend has an 08 D8 and I have an 09 D8. Both have been updated, have the original update reflash, are basically stock except for vents and clutching. My friend's sled has run strong but has had some stumble and starting issues that have been mostly corrected with TPS adjustment. My sled has had temp issues like many, but runs strong.
Both of us are looking at getting a PC5, but most of the info we find is from people using them at lower elevations to solve stumbles, and some folks have even said they aren't using them because they ride at higher elevations. We live in Tahoe and ride 6-10,00ft. My warranty is running out in November and I am looking to ensure that my sled continues to run strong.
We are wondering if it makes sense for us to get the PC5 to protect against piston issues, improve longevity, maybe gain some horses, or should we put that money else where, like shocks or a can. All advice and input is appreciated, especially from any California or PNW riders with first hand experience. Are people seeing any real gains? What are others running?
Thanks for your time and any help provided.

Premium Features

Back