• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anybody run with no airbox?

i have seen it on several sleds now and i am wondering how many people are taking out the air box and using some sort of k&n air prefilter or similar instead of the old airbox? benefits and drawbacks please...

They look cool but that is it. I ran pods and prefilters on an edge mod and hated them, nothing but headaches. It is very hard to get the sled jetted right because as stated above you are drawing under hood warm air instead of cold. So.... if you are riding pow with snow covering your vents the sled runs way to rich. In turn if you rip down a trail and allow cold air to enter under the hood you are running too lean.

They didn't work for me even without a hood... up on a hill, ground speed drops to near zero, hot air pools behind the motor and then it would stumble.

Nope, airbox has been the best option since about 1997 or so.

sled_guy

^^^^^agree^^^ best thing to do is get the SLP vents in the dash to let more COLD air into the motor. Also I took out my spedo and installed a vent in its place. It gets all the air it needs in all conditions. Only problem I run into is in the deep my exhaust gets plugged and my sled starts to bog. I need to get someone to cut my can so it exits out behind the shock.

Premium Features

Back