• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anybody ever turbo'd a 2stroke dirt bike?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of anyone putting a turbo on a 2stroke dirt bike. I'm thinking about putting a turbo on my 04 cr125 just for something different. Main problems I'm thinking of now are how bad the spooge will be on the turbo while getting it tuned right, finding a small enough turbo, and if the drivetrain could hold up. I'm open to any thoughts or ideas

Had nitrous on my 450 was almost worthless only could use it in the sand there is a thing as to much power. In your case go buy a 450 it will give you all the power you need at a lower price.

i know there are much much easier ways at more power, but it's the "have something different" part that I think would be cool. I'm not looking to put 15psi or anything to it, it'd be realitively low boost.

well Lance .....if I may refer to you as .....It seems that turboing a bike is somewhat pointless duo to the fact that manufactures can build bikes soo light that the power that they have is at most times uncontrolable .....plus weight, size etc is a true detriment to the said industry

gears and ponies in a rolling contraption = speed and lots of it ...exactly where would you use the extra added power of a turbo in the bike world ....and could you hang on long enough ???

I would do some looking into the hillclimb guys I'm sure they have tried this. HAHA I was just thinking if going into a tripple then double with the turbo spooling up and down!!

this sounds like a really bad idea. Please mount a helmet cam on the maiden voyage

Finding a small enough turbo would be a problem but if you could i dont think it would be that tough to set one up. Im just guessing that you would have a longer swing arm on it already being you said it was going to be for hill climb, so you would have enough room to put it on there.

Ill make you a deal. If you build it and bring it out to farmingdale, ill dial flight for life for you.

That thing would be right up there with the modded out ninja motor in a hillclimber i saw out there last year. That thing was loud and pretty sweet.

Finding a small enough turbo would be a problem but if you could i dont think it would be that tough to set one up. Im just guessing that you would have a longer swing arm on it already being you said it was going to be for hill climb, so you would have enough room to put it on there.

Ill make you a deal. If you build it and bring it out to farmingdale, ill dial flight for life for you.

That thing would be right up there with the modded out ninja motor in a hillclimber i saw out there last year. That thing was loud and pretty sweet.

lol...it's a deal! I don't have a longer swingarm as of now, if I do this I would for sure get one. I was looking at where to put it and I think I could put it where the airbox is at now.

I'm not looking to make this completely wild, but that might happen by accident:). I hope it doesn't compare to a ninja motor hillclimbing beast, but ya never know. I'm having problems finding much info on anyone thats tried it. I found an article where some people did it for at the salt flats for speed records, but the set-up looked really...high tech is the best thing I can think of to describe it, and that article didn't say very much on the process or tuning or anything like that. I was thinking maybe some of the turbo nuts on here had tried it:)

Either way you look at it, it would end up as a "hold my beer and watch this" moment:D:beer;

have a guy at work I work with builds cutom hillclimbing bikes, he's never done it but has seen it done before.

He builds his own chassis' and picks his powerplant, usually a suzuki GSXR motor or Yammi R1. Neat stuff, but purdy crazy. I dont think it would be an every day rider.

The only problem I would see wiht putting it where the air box is that it wouldnt get enought air to cool it a little on the compressor side and it would just be shoving extremely hot air in and you wouldnt make as much power.

If you make it and have it at farmingdale it will fit right in. There is a lot of hold my beer and watch this going on. Some times they dont even put down their :beer;

Premium Features

Back