• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any suggestions I am stumped

K

Klimbing Kitty

2010 M8 race gas. runs on one cylinder at idle. If i can get it on to boost both cyliinders kick in. Reeds are good. checked injectors by switching left and right and problem stayed on the left injector. Checked CCU by switching it out with another. Checked all grounds. Checked plugs and changed for new ones anyways to make sure. External fuel pump puts out tons of pressure. Coils are good. grounds are good.

will check wiring harness to the primary injectors to make sure it is ok tonight. After that the only thing i can think of is a crank seal?? I was told i can spray WD40 on it while it is running and if it sucks in the WD40 it is the seal.

Any other ideas guys

thanx
KK

Take the fuel control box off and set it up stock. It sounds like an internal wiring issue on the fuel controller to me. If it idles without the controller hooked up you know where to go with it.

Whats the fuel pressure at the rail.

If a crank seal was bad, it would run worse under boost than at idle wouldn't it. You could take teh charge tube off then spray carb cleaner at it and if it sucks it in (seals and tb boots) it will near kill it from drying out the gas.

Did you check for spark on both cylinders (all 4) you could put a test light on the plug wires and see if it flashes and a test light on the injector wires to see if anything looks weird.

Have you tried closing the gap on the plugs down to 20.

Are the head gaskets (o rings) shot and loosing coolant into a cylinder.

Is your oiler stuck open. (if you have one)

Plug wires ok

coil test (ohm it out)

what happens if you disconnect the injector wire on the cylinder that is not firing, if it is over fueling it should fire after a second then dry out, then hook it back up and see if it kills it again. I'm not sure what it would tell you but might help.

Ground wires good.

Water in any connections!!!

man, I chased my *** in a circle for weeks ..same friggin thing..

MAG seal.. damn soaked stator,, soaked inner flywheel ad magnets.. when i pulled the mag and sun the clutch i could feel a rush of air with my hand down in the mag case..!!!!

Well, Nice to know I could help..hopefully.. funny turbos wont lean down with completely failed seal, they just dont idle and are down on power.

This sled sudenly dropped 8 psi boost.. then the idles went out right after.. we did blow a belt immedeatly before it happened but mag side ?\\\

Gus

Premium Features

Back