• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alyeska Pipeline Super Pipe

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
The super pipe will open on or before this Saturday... there will be a competition on Saturday, here is the info:

Super Pipe Comp

pipeline_masters_logo.jpg

Saturday, January 16, 2010
4 - 7 pm

Spectator Event Tent with DJ and bonfire
KZND 94.7 will be on-site for the fun
Beer and wine for 21+

Of course, the Shìtzmark is gonna be wild afterward!!!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
How they expect this to be successful I don't know. How can you have a superpipe comp when you have the only superpipe in the state and it will only be open a day before the comp. Are there supposed to be a lot of outside riders coming up?

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
How they expect this to be successful I don't know. How can you have a superpipe comp when you have the only superpipe in the state and it will only be open a day before the comp. Are there supposed to be a lot of outside riders coming up?

That exact thought ran through my mind. I'm a decent skier, but i've never been on a superpipe. On the other hand, the guy who is renting me his house, is flying in from out of state along with a few other people who are planning on competing. Also, it was rumored that the superpipe was initially envisioned as a training place for the upcoming Olympics... too bad Team USA have been training since Dec on the Copper Mountain Superpipe since early Dec.

Premium Features