• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aluminum Sled ramp only $116.00

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
I finally decided to buy a sled ramp, got tired of loading my sled into the back of my truck via hand lifting it. I looked up some Aluminum sled ramps and they were pretty spendy. Thought Id share my ramp purchase to help anyone else out there save some $$ if they have a tight budget like mine.

Harbor Freight aluminum ramp. $99

http://www.harborfreight.com/super-wide-tri-fold-loading-ramp-90018.html

Husky Secure Lock Track Wall $8each

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Secure-Lock-Track-Wall-THD101/202601082

Since the Husky wall mounts weren't as long as the ramp I just staggered them then secured them with some self tapping screws. Worked great.

10846470_10152574906971705_1392211484660913443_n.jpg

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
The problem with the trifold aluminum ramps is that after a season they start to bow. They are meant for "wheeled" atvs. The pressure the ski's put sliding into it when loading is more force than they were designed to handle. I bent a couple before I spent a little bit more for the revarc ramp. They were a good cheap way to get by until I could afford a little more!

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeMetzger

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The problem with the trifold aluminum ramps is that after a season they start to bow. They are meant for "wheeled" atvs. The pressure the ski's put sliding into it when loading is more force than they were designed to handle. I bent a couple before I spent a little bit more for the revarc ramp. They were a good cheap way to get by until I could afford a little more!

I got one from cabelas for about $120 and it's still straight.

3 seasons deep at this point. I put some wood on it but that's not going to keep it from bending.

Reactions: MikeMetzger
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Just looked it up.

It was one of these guys if you haven't given up on them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Yutr...Ntt=atv+ramp&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

The stringers are pretty stout I-beams. And yeah it's heavy.......kind of a beyotch to carry around actually.

Totally agree. I beat them up good. On my 3rd tri-fold ramp and by far the best I've owned is the Yutrax with some added thin slide plastic. Long enough and strong enough! The last few were only good for 2 yrs each...one from bass pro, too short and ultimately broke at the hinges and another mail ordered from someplace in WI...that one was baaaad, riveted tangs that bent on my tailgate and thin aluminum, however I did cannibalize the nice thin black plastic material from it:second:

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I like the idea of using the harbor freighter ... Have you had a chance to load with it? Looks like it should load pretty easy.

I have the long yutrax with bedliner slides for 5 years, with bedliner it loads so easy there is no bending and don't think it will start anytime soon.

Premium Features