• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

alcan 200 this weekend

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the alcan is this weekend...actually 154 miles...its an Alaska Race but its held on the Canadian side cause they have legislation against closing highways down for road races in Alaska...anyway speeds up to 150 mph..the average speed for the winner in the past l think is approx 111 mph over the 154 miles...not bad considering its a winding highway..and icy..anyway should be interesting results..more turbo sleds entered but they haven;t won yet..

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Craig Hill from Fairbanks won last hear with an average speed of 117 miles an hour. He and his brother Colby have each one the race 3 times I believe. Craig is racing an Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo this year. I believe Craig also holds the race record at over 120 miles an hour average

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Sadly, a Jeffrey Peede was killed yesterday in the Alcan 200. The paper did not say whether or not it was the race or the speed trials. Sad day for racing and the sport. Condolences to his family and friends. :(

Page A-8 of the ADN

Last edited:
Y
Nov 26, 2007
Sad day,
I have run the alcan a couple of times and am speachless about this situation.. Great race, great people.

Tipped a few with Jeff, very sad day for all involved.

Bitter sweet win for Trav.

god speed.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
Craig Hill from Fairbanks won last hear with an average speed of 117 miles an hour. He and his brother Colby have each one the race 3 times I believe. Craig is racing an Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo this year. I believe Craig also holds the race record at over 120 miles an hour average

i race street bikes with Craig Hill hes fast as sh!t on a bike too , and hes not a little guy , but nice guy =) hes kinda toned down a little bit since he and his wife had twins =)

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
sad to hear about a death in the race, I guess it was in the vintage class and there was a collision, Sad new's

Travis Adams is was the last canadian to win the overall and now he get's it back, thrilled to hear, those guy's try pretty hard to do well there, they would have won last year but suffered from a slight lack of fuel in the tank
The Turbo Apex built by Yukon Yamaha was capable of 152mph on GPS but they held the speed down to just below 140 to conserve the track
They are stuck in Alaska right now due to weather, dont know if he set a new average speed record
The standing record for the last few years is an SRX700 @ 121mpg average

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
sad to hear about a death in the race, I guess it was in the vintage class and there was a collision, Sad new's

Travis Adams is was the last canadian to win the overall and now he get's it back, thrilled to hear, those guy's try pretty hard to do well there, they would have won last year but suffered from a slight lack of fuel in the tank
The Turbo Apex built by Yukon Yamaha was capable of 152mph on GPS but they held the speed down to just below 140 to conserve the track
They are stuck in Alaska right now due to weather, dont know if he set a new average speed record
The standing record for the last few years is an SRX700 @ 121mpg average

the race was white out conditions for the way back from the checkpoint..
just crazy zero vis...so he may not have beaten the average,,they say he had that sled up to 160mph...anyway alot of the top prize winners donated their winnings to the widow of the accident victim...19 grand..

Premium Features