• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Boxes?!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I run a Fire & Ice, a really good one. The SLP sits down in the nose and does not allow you to install an aftermarket bumper (skinz is highly recommended).

Reactions: MNSledShed

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
No cutting with F & I intake. It is recommended you put either a screen or powder filter over the intake so nothing accidentally gets sucked into your engine.

You will need a non-modified stock boost box to use the F & I.

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Totally agree with Z-Man. I also the F & I and have been very happy with it. That also allowed room to upgrade all of the front plastic to the newer (09 and up) option. The SLP kit will not fit into the newer plastic either.

MNSledShed

Premium Member
Nov 19, 2010
Southern Minnesota
With the F and I kit does it open the side up to allow for better cooling instead of the big stock one that covers the clutches like a blanket and keeps them from cooling down? Any pics that anyone could post would be appreciated! Thanks guys!!!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
img_0073.jpg

http://www.firenice.us/store/fresh-air-intakes/2005-2006-polaris-700-900-airbox-kit.html

Reactions: MNSledShed

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
This intake will also allow you to install a Skinz front bumper which is substantially stronger than the stock plastic garbage and much lighter too.

J
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis Area
I have a fire n Ice on one and a slp on another. I like the F&I for all the reasons mentioned. The one caution is that it may sit right next to/on the exhaust at the front end. Use plenty of heat tape. The first time I did not and after the first ride had slight melting of the box. Put about four layers of heat tape and no issues since.

Premium Features