• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Bumper Opinions

B
Nov 12, 2013
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what front bumpers you guys are all running and how you like them. I put the Polaris extreme front bumper on my 14 and was very disappointed. Broke the first small impact it took. The stock one held up better. I was looking at the next level series front bumper from skins. Has anyone had any experience with this or any others?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
B&M for me also. I had the Polaris extreme bumper on to start last year. Took them both off. The Poo extreme front would hold Ice/Snow like crazy, and the rear 2 dudes could not get a grip on it with the snow flap on there. BM's don't have either of those issues.

Polaris extreme front bumper

Last edited:
Reactions: AKFULLTHROTTLE

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Had the polaris extreme front. Bent it. Ordered skinz, put it on the the sled and it fits like crap, took it off returned it to dealer. then this summer I got the b&m and soo much better. Should of got it in the first place.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Skinz Standard bumper on my 16 Axys Pro. No bars protruding down to attract sticks and branches, and the Skinz "Tri-mount" works pretty slick to strengthen up the mounting system.

B
Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for all the replies. Does B&M sell within Canada as well as the states?

I stopped into the Polaris dealer today and I guess they have a new bumper out for this year called the "Elite Pro Front Bumper" Looks similar to the Skinz Next Level bumper only a little wider bar. And at $234.99 CND has me thinking about maybe giving a polaris bumper another chance...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Thanks for all the replies. Does B&M sell within Canada as well as the states?

I stopped into the Polaris dealer today and I guess they have a new bumper out for this year called the "Elite Pro Front Bumper" Looks similar to the Skinz Next Level bumper only a little wider bar. And at $234.99 CND has me thinking about maybe giving a polaris bumper another chance...

Are the "Elite Pro Front & Rear Bumpers" the ones that come on the LE models this year?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Is the little textured pieces on the "wings" just glued on rubber?

Have any close pictures of that?

Yes, they're glued on. The bumper looks identical to the pro ride chassis NXT LVL minus the bars coming down from it. I went with Skinz because I snapped my bumper tab off, made my own out of flat stock, and wanted a stronger mount setup than that.

• Wow
Reactions: Tewstroke

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The LE models come with the "Ultimate" bumpers. Which I dont reccomend IMO

I am curious . . .why is it that you don't recommend the bumpers that come on the LE? Are they weak? Seems like anything would be better than the stock ones. Stockers are quite weak and one tap on the side breaks off the tabs.

B
Nov 12, 2013
I am curious . . .why is it that you don't recommend the bumpers that come on the LE? Are they weak? Seems like anything would be better than the stock ones. Stockers are quite weak and one tap on the side breaks off the tabs.

I put one of these bumper on my 14 pro and the first small hit it took it broke like nothing. The stock one has taken several hard blows without breaking

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
I'm running the skinz with the skid plate on top on a ultimate skin plate and plan on putting a BM fab on the rear but I just seen this new to me company on Instagram bmp woods i think.

• Wow
Reactions: Tewstroke

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..

The "extreme" and "ultimate" polaris bumpers are the flimsy thin tubing from years past. The stock axys bumper is actually heavier tubing and holds up well.

It's actually just the tabs that are weak.
Add some little braces on the tabs and it wont snap them off every time.

Reactions: Timbre and bfenrich
Premium Features