• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket A arms

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
Thinking about switching to newer style a arms for a 2018 axys/rmk 163. Looking at the Skinz/Burandt free flow 36" or the Alternative Impact true clearance titanium 36". Trying to decide is there any difference in the geometry of the 2 or is it just a copy of 2019 setup. The burandt ones state: Burandt innovative geometry pulls another level of performance out of the Polaris 850 with our plus forward design and tuned caster angles. This includes our ride height tuning with our lightweight spindles to allow the rider to experience new levels of capability..
Any input is appreciated. Heard the new geometry is so much better so looking to try this out. Thanks

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Thinking about switching to newer style a arms for a 2018 axys/rmk 163. Looking at the Skinz/Burandt free flow 36" or the Alternative Impact true clearance titanium 36". Trying to decide is there any difference in the geometry of the 2 or is it just a copy of 2019 setup. The burandt ones state: Burandt innovative geometry pulls another level of performance out of the Polaris 850 with our plus forward design and tuned caster angles. This includes our ride height tuning with our lightweight spindles to allow the rider to experience new levels of capability..
Any input is appreciated. Heard the new geometry is so much better so looking to try this out. Thanks

I think there is some gains to be had with a steeper caster on the longer sleds but not necessary for the 155. I am making up some custom upper arms for that for my 174. If I was you I would go for offset spindles.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
I think there is some gains to be had with a steeper caster on the longer sleds but not necessary for the 155. I am making up some custom upper arms for that for my 174. If I was you I would go for offset spindles.

i already have the offset spindles. thinking the true 36" front end with the updated geometry might be worth it, for the 163" sleds.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Comparing that mod to updating to a 19 or 20 with the 850 how much price difference would you see? I think the 850 is really worth it and you get the narrow front end. Only not aftermarket geometry.

L. Perry

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2015
Call Dan at Alternative Impact. I put a set of his true clearance on mine last year and think he said they were the same geometry as the 19 and 20 850 arms. I have a 19 850 and it handles just like my 17. No fox shocks on the 19 or a turbo. Have run alternative since the pro era.

X
Nov 11, 2015
i run on my 2016 SKS the B-PWR Xtreme 36" kit with ZRP offset spindles and Fox shox (swaybar out). the handling is a blast and it's 500$ cheaper than the burandt setup. the B-PWR fitment ist perfect and it comes also with all the balljoints... i also had the chance to compare the handling directly with a 2019 PRO and the difference is really noticable. the sled handles way better than the new stock one...

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I prefer alternative impact or trenchers for the rod ends approach but its personal preference.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Has anyone tried the no name brand ebay 36” or “Trex” a arms? (Available through hi performance engineering)

c9139fc89263eb6daaf344848fff2ba9.jpg

943283318cd8fcc5871fca5e4851164c.jpg

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Has anyone tried the no name brand ebay 36” or “Trex” a arms? (Available through hi performance engineering)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190820/c9139fc89263eb6daaf344848fff2ba9.jpg[/IMG]

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190820/943283318cd8fcc5871fca5e4851164c.jpg[/IMG]

they looks 98% like an alternative impact copy.

1st kit, not sure that is wrong with the link between the bottom arm but it looks flimsy at best.

2nd kit have an interesting sway bar mount placement. everybody mount it centered

I would stick with more reputable brands for a part like that. I don't mind cheaping out on some stuff but a-arms takes a serious beating. at least mine does.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
they looks 98% like an alternative impact copy.

1st kit, not sure that is wrong with the link between the bottom arm but it looks flimsy at best.

2nd kit have an interesting sway bar mount placement. everybody mount it centered

I would stick with more reputable brands for a part like that. I don't mind cheaping out on some stuff but a-arms takes a serious beating. at least mine does.

My problem is design.

Zbroz 36” use fully enclosed ball joints. (Failure = replacement)

Skinz 36” use an aluminum upper A arm. (Weak point that’s expensive)

Kmod uses fully enclosed ball joints ($$$)

Alternative impact is way too interested in light weight, so he uses thin-wall tubing and doesn’t fully weld the shock mounts (A arm tubes dent easily and often fail before the balljoints)
(Yes i’ve had 4 sets including the HD version which only has a lower rear tube thicker)

B Pwr encloses the ball joints also.

The “react geometry” skinz a arms require shorter shocks and cost a lot of money. (Double cost)

I’m looking for a better option.

Last edited:

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I've been very happy with my kmod's. I ran alternative impact standards and bent them right away then switch to the HDs. I was also constantly breaking the hem joint on both the standards and HD's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
sheet this is the only other kit i know using rod ends. That's what i'm running

Trenchers
made here Quebec
hcrfn3i.png

https://trenchers.ca/en/produits/36-chromoly-a-arm-kit-polaris-rmk-2013-2018-sks-2019/

They also have a 2019 model

I did bend one side last year but it was the older model with the balljoints, i flew over the handlebar 2 times that day....don't ask questions.

I can't compare strength to alternative impact because i never bended my AI, but had to replace rod ends tho.

But at one point rod ends will always be weaker than a complete arm. It's thought to find a good balance between durability and ripping the whole side if you hit something i'd say.

showing off lol
rCH7Wenl.jpg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
I wonder how shipping cost and speed is from Canada?

689 cad = 518 usd.

I intend to buy two full sets of whatever brand I choose to have a full set in the trailer. (2-3 day riding trips)

Makes the off brand pretty attractive still. $850 + free shipping vs 1036 + shipping.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I wonder how shipping cost and speed is from Canada?

689 cad = 518 usd.

I intend to buy two full sets of whatever brand I choose to have a full set in the trailer. (2-3 day riding trips)

Makes the off brand pretty attractive still. $850 + free shipping vs 1036 + shipping.

Check out www.peakboys.ca
They are a Trenchers dealer and ship free to the US.
They have excellent customer service and myself and all of my buddies have made a few orders from them.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
I've been very happy with my kmod's. I ran alternative impact standards and bent them right away then switch to the HDs. I was also constantly breaking the hem joint on both the standards and HD's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had Dan build some custom HD arms with 3/4” lower ball joints in fall of 2015.

They held up ok. (The tubes still dented on the thinwall portions)

Total cost was pretty high though.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Any updates to this on what seems to be the best for the react geometry?

For me it's still the React...and I'm enjoying "the season of the A-arm."

I hate the cost of these and the weakness of the React but their geometry keeps the handling the best. The aftermarket options all suck IMO. The geometry is either affected which results in negative (over stock) handling characteristics or the quality of the components is 2nd rate.

I'd be curious to see what SMF is running now.

Premium Features