• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Affordable Single Sled Deck

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
This looks promising for those who want just a single sled deck. If its beefy enough to haul a Yammy, should work for the rest of us =)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BKGFd5ONC2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnmax97
B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
eh... a golf cart trailer works awesome for me and my Bronco.
10_23_13-kc900-(2).jpg

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I've never understood "single sled decks", isn't that what the back of a truck is already?

Well you need ramps anyways. Then you need to store the ramps.... Its easier when the ramp stays under the sled. I use ramps all the time and i hate it. Maybe its cause i have a 163 and a 5'7" bed? But i would love a single deck being i drive a 1500.

Reactions: NorthMNSledder
B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
Gets hammered with salt tho

I keep the wrap on it, going down the road... but yea, that can suck.
Salt isn't a makor issue around here... but it's out there and road grime/slime and rock/ice chips/chunks aren't much better.

I've got a second alternative from the previous yr. but the gas mileage difference is substantial and I didn't care for the 162 hanging off the rear as much as it does. That said... beginning or end of the season, when the roads are still patchy, I prefer to go this route.
sledbeast-(3).jpg

I hate riding across long patches of dirt/gravel on the trail heading up. This way I can get a little further up the hill before unloading.
I also liked the hoist for loading vs. the ramp... but I considered a loading deck with a hide-away ramp. The hoist was easier and cheaper and had more uses with the truck.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I've never understood "single sled decks", isn't that what the back of a truck is already?

I bought a single deck 6 years ago and its been the best $1000 I've ever spent on sledding.

- (Usually) need a ramp to load by yourself anyways
- Need to store the ramp in truck
- 1/2 ton truck not really legal with 2 place deck
- Sooner or later...with a long track sled and a short box truck, you will hit the wrong bump and bend your tailgate
- Lots of the places we ride don't have parking lots, so trailers suck....plus need storage for trailer in off season, insurance, tires, bearings, etc, etc

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Can you lift a Yamaha into the back of a truck?

I can't lift a tank into the back of a truck by myself, but I don't ever plan to haul one of those either so not much of a concern.

I bought a single deck 6 years ago and its been the best $1000 I've ever spent on sledding.

- (Usually) need a ramp to load by yourself anyways
- Need to store the ramp in truck
- 1/2 ton truck not really legal with 2 place deck
- Sooner or later...with a long track sled and a short box truck, you will hit the wrong bump and bend your tailgate
- Lots of the places we ride don't have parking lots, so trailers suck....plus need storage for trailer in off season, insurance, tires, bearings, etc, etc

Storing the ramp and possibly preventing damage to the tailgate (I've never had it happen) are the only advantages to what my point was, which is to just throw it in the back of the truck, the rest are irrelevant.

I understand there are certain situations and for certain people it is an advantage, but I can't justify spending $1000 for something I've done my whole life with no problems. 2 ATV ramps to get the skis in the bed and lift the back and push it in has always worked for me by myself, but maybe as i get older and lazier.

I quit driving trucks for now anyways, not worth 13 mpg everyday so I can haul the sled on weekends for half the year.

Premium Features